WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for an Intermediate Drupal developer to join our innovative development team to design and execute high quality web solutions. Your role will require you to be an effective problem-solver and team player. WARNING: You will talk and learn a lot about Drupal, to the point that you might start to dream about it at night!
- Strong focus on backend development using Drupal.
- Develop, support, code, install, test, debug, and document scalable, high-availability websites and web applications.
- Provide problem solving and technical innovation expertise.
- Identify, recommend, and prioritize new web features in conjunction with other team members.
- Provide time estimates for development work during project planning and scheduling stages.
- Create new custom modules when necessary to enhance Drupal features.
- Participate in client meetings to provide technical support, advice and guidance.
- Research and present technical solutions to technical problems.
- Provide mentoring/coaching to junior team members by reviewing code, designing documents, giving technical talks, teaching classes, or as a consultant on projects.
- Conduct research into current and emerging web technologies and issues in support of web development efforts.
TO SUCCEED IN THE ROLE:
- 2+ years of development experience with a focus on backend development.
- Minimum 2-3 year College Diploma or University Degree in Multimedia, Interactive Web Design and Development, Media Theory and Production, Computer Science or Programmer/Analyst field(s).
- Advanced PHP and MySQL skills.
- Ability to customize Drupal Modules (with MySQL database integration).
- Knowledge of Symfony/Codeigniter/Laravel framework.
- Desire to learn and adapt to new applications and frameworks.
- Commitment to delivering high quality web projects on time.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to rapidly identify and fix bugs.
- Capability to work independently on individual project components, as well as work effectively as part of a team to integrate these components into complete applications.
- Meet our Core Values.
- Be located in Canada, preferably willing to relocate to London, ON.
- Acquia Certifications are an asset.
- Ability to conduct automation testing.
- Demonstrated ability to make sites accessible (WCAG AA).
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of Linux servers
- Knowledge of LDAP, SSO and Solr servers.
Digital Echidna is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to a workplace reflecting the diversity of the community. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. If contacted for an interview, please inform us if support is needed and we will work with you to meet your needs.