Web Designer and Front-End Developer
We’re seeking a passionate Web Designer and Front-End Developer to join the THINQ family and make a significant impact on our company while working in a flexible, fun, and creative environment. If you have a passion for web development and technology, we want to hear from you.
Location: London, Ontario
Position(s) Available: 1
Compensation: THINQ Technologies Ltd. offers a competitive base salary between $53,000 and $58,000 per year with a wage review at 6 months. After six months employees are placed on our subsidized benefits package and after 1 year of employment, employees can choose to join the pension plan and/or RSP program.
Reports to: Marketing Director or delegate
As a Web Designer and Front-End Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to a cross-functional agile team developing and maintaining our brands websites.
- Sourcing, selecting, and organizing information needed and designing the appearance, layout and flow of new website features and digital marketing campaigns.
- Planning, designing, writing, modifying, integrating, and testing website-related code.
- Create landing pages, banner advertising, social media, e-mail brochures, posters and signage that align with THINQ’s brand guidelines and audience.
- Using your knowledge of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines to make improvements to our site to ensure our content accessible to all users.
- Contributing new ideas for design and content creation to the team using your expertise and eye for cutting-edge design.
- Collaborating with other marketing team, senior management, designers, and programmers.
- Performing all other duties as required to support overall project completion and success.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications:
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or Web Design/Development and/or minimum of 2 years’ experience in web design and development.
- Proficient use of Adobe Creative Suite – specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Experience developing or maintaining responsive websites for mobile, tablet, and desktop.
- Ability to implement clean and maintainable HTML and CSS to ensure responsiveness.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Detail oriented with excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Exceptional work ethic. Uses time productively, maximizes efficiency, and meets challenging work goals.
- Willing to stay up to date on emerging technologies and experiment with improving processes
- Experience with Classic asp and GitHub considered an asset.
THINQ is a provider of services to a variety of essential service industries and as such, this position will be required to work onsite in adherence with Covid-19 protocols. More details will be provided at time of interview.
How to Apply:
Candidates are to submit a resume and cover letter detailing?their interest and suitability for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org.? Please use the following subject?line for your application to be considered“WebDev 572”