POSITION LOCATION: London, ON
POSITION TITLE: Proposal Development Associate (FT/Perm)
POSITION REPORTS TO: Team Lead, Proposal Development
DEPARTMENT/UNIT NAME: Business Development
The Proposal Development Associate will assist the BD team on the preparation of proposal responses associated with new business development opportunities and will work closely with the clinical subject matter experts to create customized, comprehensive responses and budgets for Sponsors.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Understand and share proposal requirements thoroughly.
- Develop proposal content in line with RFP/RFI.
- Document all assumptions.
- Review and ensure the final proposal meets Sponsor expectations and a high standard of quality.
- Assist in maintaining proposal tools – templates, graphics, experience tables etc.
- Assist BD Manager on RFIs.
- Support Statement of Work (SOW) development.
- Generate initial costing assumptions.
- Generate/populate initial CRO costings in RCT tools then work with clinical experts to refine and finalize.
- Support BD Manager/Vendor Manager in obtaining pre-award budgets from vendor and site partners.
- Ensure rolled up costing is correct prior to sending for Executive review and sign off.
- Support amendments or updates during the process.
- Thoroughly understand final costing and be able to explain to internal stakeholders.
Other BD Support
- Book, provide preparatory information and attend internal bid/no bid and kick off meetings.
- Coordinate with clinical team, site feasibility if required.
- Ensure all data and documents are saved to appropriate locations (BOX, CRM etc.).
- Provide feedback on BD tools to ensure continuous improvement.
- Generate BD reports as needed.
- May be asked to attend conferences to provide booth and meeting support.
Applicants should have a minimum of an undergraduate degree, in addition to 1-3 years of relevant experience (ideally Clinical Research, Life Sciences, Laboratory or Professional Services). Further, the successful candidate will possess a high degree of detail orientation, logical and process thinking mindset, excellent written and verbal communication skills and advanced knowledge of MS Office with an emphasis on MS Excel. Previous experience or knowledge in building budgets/costing is considered an asset.
*Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request
Apply for This Job