Embedded QA Analyst
ZTR is looking for an experienced Embedded QA Analyst that will drive Test Automation implementation across the ZTR product portfolio. As a “go-to” subject expert in your field, you will be working inclusively of SaaS, Web, Mobile, and embedded firmware solutions.
As a recognized global leader in industrial telematics and remote equipment monitoring, we deliver market solutions that integrate telematics monitoring hardware, software, remote communications, and services. If you are passionate about IoT, thrive in complex situations and have an entrepreneurial spirit, this role is for you!
ZTR is headquartered in London, ON; for this role, remote work is available.
As an Embedded QA Analyst, you will:
- Create automation framework and test cases.
- Ensure all newly developed products, both hardware and software, are tested to meet ZTR quality standards.
- Participate in the full development cycle, helping to ensure quality at every stage.
- Interpret engineering and business requirements to develop test plans and cases, both manual and automated; and execute test plans as part of product and project releases.
- Document and measure test execution in order to determine release readiness.
- Participate in developing quality assurance standards and KPIs.
- Demonstrated success and experience testing embedded firmware solutions
- Recommend and implement testing tools, processes and environments.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Embedded Systems, Information Systems Testing or related field. Masters degree an asset.
- 5+ years of experience in hardware and software QA role, preferably in a product development environment
- Plus if worked in the automotive industry (embedded device experience)
- Solid programming experience in C, C++ or python
- Experience with serial communications (SPI, I2C, RS232, RS485), wired & wireless technologies (TCP/IP, UDP, Bluetooth, Ethernet, USB), networking (HSPA, CDMA, LTE)
- Experience with vehicle communication network protocols ( CAN, MOST etc) as a plus
- Experience with embedded devices, hardware and firmware.
- Self-motivated to succeed while working in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent coaching, mentoring and cross training skills (peers, supervisor, and direct reports).
Why Work at ZTR?
At ZTR, we are passionate about technology and innovation! ZTR continuously promotes a healthy balance between work, fun and family. This is a place for driven people to make a difference in our company and within our customers’ organizations. You will have the ability to direct your own career path at ZTR as we are rapidly growing with numerous opportunities for professional growth and development.
We live and breathe by our ZTR Golden Rules:
- One team, one dream
- Embrace our differences
- Build relationships
- Customer success fuels our success
If these values resonate with you, apply today and become a member of the ZTR family!
ZTR Control Systems provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Candidates requiring accommodations during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.