ASICS Running Apps – Business Analyst
Kihachiro Onitsuka founded ASICS in 1949 to realize his desire to nurture the youth of Japan through sports and contribute to the development of society. Our founding philosophy, “Anima Sana In Corpore Sano (A Sound Mind in a Sound Body)”, represents our wish for people all over the world to live healthful and happy lives in both body and mind.
The ASICS brand is especially well known for its connection to running and for producing extremely high-quality running shoes. To strengthen our commitment to runners, we are expanding our investment in running-related digital services, i.e. running event technology (Race Roster™), AI run-coaching apps (the ASICS Runkeeper™ app), and other exciting platforms that will help us better serve the running industry. Combined, these projects and products makeup ASICS Fitness Apps.
Our mission?in the past, today, and into the future?is to contribute to a healthful and sustainable society and to bring joy to the people of the world through sports. Sports are an important element in living longer healthy lives, in feeling more fulfilled, and in crossing national and cultural boundaries to bring the world together. If you are looking to join a fun and innovative company focused on the booming digital health and fitness industry, this is the place for you!
As a Business Analyst, you will help Race Roster implement technology solutions in a cost- effective way by determining the requirements of a project or program, and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, facilitators and partners. Furthermore, you will be the vital link between our information technology capacity and our business objectives by supporting and ensuring the successful completion of analytical, building, testing and deployment tasks of our software product’s features. You will work with key stakeholders to gather data and input into our critical systems while maintaining the highest quality of data on a day to day basis.
This position is open to internal and external candidates.
This role will be working on/with the Race Roster product.
The successful candidate for this role can be either a satellite employee (working 100% remotely from a designated location within Canada or US), a hybrid employee (flexibility to work in the office or from home at a location within 75km/75 miles from the London, ON/Boston, MA office), an in office employee at our London, ON/Boston, MA office.
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Analyze and deliver new reports internally and for customers working directly with business stakeholders across all functions
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner
- Be proficient at integrating and preparing large, varied datasets and communicating results
- Design rich data visualizations to communicate analysis to other organization leaders
- Prepares analysis summaries, including graphs and PowerPoint documents, and assists with the preparation of documents and presentation materials describing analytic methods
- Data extraction and manipulation utilizing multiple data mining tools
- Design and manage data governance practices and be the organization’s data steward on a day to day basis
- Identify business trends utilizing real data, compile analysis reports that are delivered to stakeholders, and then follow-up on all results
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and deliver better value to the customer
- Focus on client education and demonstration, leveraging technology to deliver a memorable client experience
- Meaningfully participate in diversity and inclusion initiatives across the ASICS Running Apps teams
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3+ years experience in a professional services environment
- Experience solving complex data problems
- 1 year experience with querying databases using SQL code and developing insights from multisource datasets
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve
- Effective completion of assigned tasks
- Efficient use of time and resources
- Continuously learning and improving in your role
- Quality of work performed
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees at all levels of the organization
The successful candidate for this role, if located in Canada, will become an employee of Race Roster North America Corporation (RRNA), if located in the US, they will become an employee of ASICS Runner App (ARA). RRNA and ARA are subsidiaries of ASICS Corporation, a Japanese multinational corporation. Race Roster was founded in London, Ontario in 2011.