Senior ETL Software Developer
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
Technology redefines the way we work and deliver to meet business needs and elevate the customer experience. You’ll be part of an organization that is embracing modern technology, innovation and agile ways of working.?
Our Canada Technology team is a strategic partner in our business – with an ambition to be a forward-thinking, agile technology organization delivering secure, resilient and leading solutions that support Canada Life and the well-being of millions of Canadians.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer (ETL Development)
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto,London, Winnipeg.
At Canada Life, we believe in improving the financial and physical well-being of all the Canadians we serve. The foundation of our strategy is to put the customer at the center of everything we do.
Are you a creative problem solver? Do you like to be challenged? Do you enjoy learning? Are you a team player? Do you like looking for opportunities to automate and improve process? If you answered yes to all these questions, then we would love to talk to you.
The Senior Software Developer (ETL Developer) is responsible for designing, developing, and supporting ETL solutions that meet our business partner’s expectations. You will be a member of a centralized team responsible for building and supporting integration solutions.
What you will do
- Relationship builder who understands the importance of happy clients.
- Works with application teams to understand and define requirements.
- Participates in the design, development, and QA of ETL solutions.
- Performs production support on ETL jobs as required.
- Focuses on continually improving and automating integration points and processes.
- Contributes to the standards and guidelines used to support the ETL application environment.
- Coaches and mentors’ others.
- Performance tuning of end-to-end integration processes across the integration platform.
- Identifies opportunity for reuse of objects across Data Warehouse/Mart & ETL BI Solutions.
- Has a focus for continuous learning and professional development.
- Available to join the ETL off hours On-Call Support rotation.
What you will bring
- Post-secondary education in business or computer science or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in an IS environment with practical experience in application development in data integration (ETL)
- Advanced experience with Ab Initio ETL.
- Experience with Syncsort DMX ETL is an asset.
- Experience working with the following database technologies
- MS SQL Server
- DB2 Midrange/Mainframe
- Experience in technical specification design - Proven experience in designing and building operational integrations and standard data warehousing objects (e.g. type-2 dimensions, aggregations, star schema, etc.)
- Solid working knowledge of other software developer toolsets.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain collaborative business relationships.
- Effective planning and organizational skills with the ability to adapt to change and perform effectively under pressure.
- Experience supporting the Ab Initio platform is an asset.
- Experience with BMC Control-M scheduling software is an asset.
- Experience with Change Data Capture (CDC) tools are an asset.
- Experience with Collaboration tools like Atlassian’s Jira and Confluence is an asset.
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves?the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.?
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee?has the opportunity to?reach their potential.?
Canada Life?would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted?
Apply for this job online
Refer this job to a friend