Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application. Candidates must have one of the following to be eligible for consideration – Canadian Citizenship, valid Permanent Resident status, valid Protected Person status or a valid open Work Permit.
Is your life caught in endless animation loops – but you like it that way? Do you have a solid understanding of movement, weight and timing in order to produce top quality animations? Are you always looking to improve your animation skills and stay current on the latest trends and techniques? If this describes you, please get in touch with us to talk about the position of 2D Animator at Big Blue Bubble.
Here are the things you will be responsible for in this position:
- Working with the Art Director, Art Lead, and production team to create and implement 2D character animation assets.
- Creating imaginative character concepts that align with the overall vision of the studio and branding.
- Working with the Producer to ensure all established timelines and deliverables are met.
- Participating in art design review meetings and sharing your ideas, feedback and opinions.
- Continuing to enhance your animation skills by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, learning new software packages and traditional art methods.
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- College Diploma in Art or Animation.
- 1 year of related experience creating animation and animation-related art assets on projects.
- Expert level understanding of the Principles of Animation.
- Well versed in Photoshop.
- Adaptable to different software packages ie. 3D Studio Max and/or After Effects is a plus.
- Ability to create seamless animation loops.
- Experience working with approachable art and animation styles.
- Experience with rigging and animating full-body humanoid characters would be an asset.
- Familiar with the game development process is a plus.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating multiple art styles.
- Adaptable/versatile art style and ability to maintain a consistent look across multiple projects.
You also have the following attributes:
- A clear communicator.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a team.
- Enthusiastic about gaming culture.
We know the above list is a lot. You don’t have to fill every single point. We each bring our own respective strengths to the table. Let us know which of the above is you and get in touch with us now to explore the opportunity further!
Big Blue Bubble is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender, Indigenous, BIPOC, d/Deaf and disabled applicants. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments – if you require accommodations at any point in the application or recruitment process please submit them in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.