IT Analyst - DevOps (6-Month Contract)
About Cognition+ Inc.:
Cognition+ Inc. is the leading provider of software solutions in the mutual insurance industry in Canada. Founded in 1993 by a group of mutual insurers, Cognition+ Inc. provides powerful, easy to use, and affordable software that ensures insurance companies of all sizes can compete in the insurance marketplace. Cognition+ Inc. offers solutions for policy, claims, accounting, financial reporting, and investment and includes integrations with third party trading partners including brokers, financial institutions and service providers. Leveraging an internal rating and underwriting rules engine along with significant application programming interface development provides extensive flexibility, extendibility and scalability. Using industry best practices for privacy, security and roles based authorization and access, Cognition+ Inc. offers onsite and cloud based solutions to 32 insurance companies in Canada. Located in London, Ontario, Cognition+ Inc. has strong longstanding relationships with insurance and technology partners in North America.
Everyone at Cognition+ Inc. has ideas and experience that we believe contribute to our success. In addition to a great work environment and great location (with free indoor parking), we offer flexible work hours, a work from home policy, catered information sessions, potluck lunches and more!
Position Summary: We are looking for an IT Analyst – DevOps Specialist, who enjoys working with people and leading teams to provide progressive solutions that help stakeholders achieve their goals. In this specialized role, the IT Analyst will be instrumental in managing and monitoring application build and package processes, performing troubleshooting and critical response analysis, and performing ongoing continuous improvement of the processes, tools, and environments utilized.
• Interact with internal and external clients and vendors to ensure our products and services are operational, optimized, and secure. Your work will expose you to the latest in cutting edge tools and technologies, with focus on the finer details;
• Lead and coordinate projects, working with your team and other departments, to develop and schedule key initiatives;
• Provide recommendations and decision making, from research through to testing, implementation, trouble-shooting and support; and
• Other duties as required by the Company.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
• 2 years’ experience in junior to mid-level Information Technology Analyst – Development Operations support role; and
• University Degree or Equivalent Experience in a related field.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
• Operational knowledge of GitLab and automation capabilities using Gitrunner agents.
• Build management experience with automation tools such as Apache Maven, Nexus repositories, and Jenkins,
• Linux (Centos) configuration/administration,
• Knowledge of VMWare administration;
• Knowledge of MS Windows Server 2012/2019 configuration/administration ;
Equal Employment Opportunities:
Cognition+ Inc. is committed to employment equity and welcomes diversity. We encourage applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Cognition+ Inc. provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 519-432-8553 ext. 362.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at https://gocognition.com/join-us/
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for the next steps in the process.