Manager, Internal Audit Systems
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: London, Winnipeg & Toronto
Are you looking for an IT Audit role the goes beyond ITGCs and compliance assessments? Are you in IT Operations looking to make a difference with improvement opportunities you have identified? If you want to expand your breadth and depth in the systems environment this is an ideal role for you.
This unique growth opportunity will provide the incumbent with broad exposure to systems, operations, and management throughout the Company, a wide variety of projects in a professional team-oriented environment, and the potential for positive impact on company processes and controls.
Reporting to the Director Information Systems Audit, the Manager, Internal Audit Systems, will be responsible for the effective management and delivery of the assigned portfolio of information systems, technology and security audits across all IT functions and lines of business for Canada Life. This role will provide the opportunity to combine your technical, auditing and people skills to effectively advise and support the enterprise on risk related matters.
- Lead information systems audits by developing and executing comprehensive risk based audit plans that consider objectives, scope, deliverables, approach, resourcing and schedule.
- Simultaneously manage work on multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity.
- Execute assigned audit activities independently and/or managing a team/third party to the successful completion of the audit as required.
- Ensure audit reports are written timely to a consistent high standard of quality.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business, risks and processes for assigned areas.
- Identify emerging issues that may impact the audit plan.
- Work as part of the global IS Audit team, and participate in global and multi-entity IS audits.
- Provide guidance, direction and support to other functional area audit staff as required.
- Collaborate with Operations audit teams on audits of significant projects by addressing various system development and implementation risks.
- Provide input and recommendations to the director in developing risk based annual audit plans.
- Ensure audit findings clearly articulate risk, root cause, and are documented accurately in the audit findings database. Monitor management response and manage timely follow-up for corrective action/progress.
- Contributing to other practice initiatives, including but not limited to knowledge sharing, training, and practice management activities.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- University degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent required.
- CISA, is required. CISSP, CISM, CRISC, or CIA are also considered an asset.
- 7+ years of progressive industry-specific experience is required. Experience working in a Big Four accounting firm, Financial Services Institution or in a relevant IT environment is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in IT Engineering & Operations and Security.
- In-depth hands-on technical knowledge of technical environments: Networking, Security Infrastructure (FW, IDS/ IPS, SIEM), Mainframe, Unix, and Windows environments is an asset.
- Experience in auditing current and emerging technologies and cyber related risks.
- Experience in auditing “Full Stack” - hardware, software, systems, applications and processes.
- Requires strong knowledge and experienced skill sets in auditing using relevant frameworks: COBIT, ITIL, ISO 2700x, and NIST frameworks.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile and Dev/Ops methodologies, and cloud applications, RPA.
- Experience in using automation and data analytics tools including ACL, advanced Excel, Tableau, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership skills and experience developing relationships with auditees. Motivated, self-starter with a passion to learn and embracing new challenges.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent analytical skills, and ability to problem solve and multi-task and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to build and maintain trusted collaborative business relationships with the ability to engage and influence others.
- Ability to manage multiple resources across a variety of time zones in a matrix structure.
- Previous experience managing a team would be considered an asset.
Due to the high profile of a number of our clients, a Federal Government Enhanced Screening is a job requirement and this will involve fingerprinting and a credit check and will require your consent to fully participate in the process.
Canada Life is a leading insurance, wealth management and benefits provider focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 170 years, individuals, families and business owners across Canada have trusted us to provide sound guidance and deliver on the promises we’ve made.
As of January 1, 2020, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life became one company – Canada Life, and today, we proudly serve more than 13 million customer relationships from coast to coast to coast.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Canada Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness in our head office facilities. ?If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted