System Administrator / Network Technician
LBMX is growing again . . .
We are seeking a System Administrator / Network Technician!
LBMX is a dynamic and growing software solutions company with an international perspective, located in London, Ontario. LBMX is the leading business marketplace provider for Buying Groups and Purchasing Co-operatives. With a flourishing customer base throughout North America, the United Kingdom and as far away as New Zealand and Australia, we are sure to offer a breadth of experience that provides the successful candidate with endless opportunities to expand their abilities.
As we continue our growth trajectory, we are seeking a dynamic, passionate, and driven individual to join our team as System Administrator/Network Technician.
If you’re an experienced candidate looking for an exciting future and you’re someone who is passionate about life, takes ownership of their role, isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and thrives being part of a team then we invite you to apply.
Come and help us make LBMX a better company and an even better place to work!
Reporting to the Senior Developer/Network Administrator your overall role will be to provide user support, implementation and technology support services.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of teams and users.
- Design, manage and support LBMX’s server and network environment
- Provide consulting service and recommend direction to users in PC related initiatives, computing methods & procedures in their work environment
- Install and maintain central network communications, server equipment, system security and connectivity software
- Implement and monitor controls to mitigate potential security risks to users, systems, and data
- Investigate and resolve technical problems with server hardware, software and networks
- Investigate and analyze software upgrades and coordinate relevant implementations
- Establish procedures and safeguards to ensure the integrity of data, including disaster recovery, security incidents, and hardware or software failures
- Coordinate, deploy, and monitor server patching
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of experience in IT support role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills with a focus on root-cause analysis to prevent recurring issues
- Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows-based networks
- Experience installing and maintaining Microsoft SQL Server
- Working knowledge of VMWare
- Hands-on experience with networking components and technologies such as switch, router, firewall and VPN
- Knowledge of Office 365 administration
- Hand-on experience with data backup and recovery solutions/disaster recovery tools
- Experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tool
- Ability to work occasional after hours and weekend support as required
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Systems Technology or equivalent experience
- Microsoft, VMware certifications are a plus.
The perks of working with us!
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Birthday’s celebrated every month with catered meals
- Monthly lunch and learns
- Quarterly company wide social outings
- Easily accessible office located in downtown London, Ontario
- Flexible work options
- Education subsidies for job-related courses
How to Apply:
E-mail a resume and cover letter to: careers@LBMX.com
The subject line of your e-mail must read “System Administrator / Network Technician”
About LBMX Inc.
At LBMX, we care about shared prosperity and believe in the power of independent businesses and their buying groups to create sustained economic growth. This belief comes from two decades of providing the world’s only group focused technology and advisory services to help buying groups, purchasing cooperatives and their independent businesses flourish.
We are a leading business marketplace experience provider that helps independent businesses, their buying groups and suppliers buy better and sell more. Our premier solution has transformed billing and ordering, rebate programs management, real-time analytics, e-commerce and product information management across building materials, sporting goods, industrial manufacturing, food equipment, grocery and agricultural industries.
LBMX is a global company with headquarters in London, Ontario and presence across Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.
LBMX is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. LBMX is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require any accommodations, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.