Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application. Candidates must have one of the following to be eligible for consideration – Canadian Citizenship, valid Permanent Resident status, valid Protected Person status or a valid open Work Permit.
Are you skillful at overseeing a game design project through execution and actively driving collaboration amongst various technical, design and creative teams? Are your organizational skills unparalleled, and, on top of everything, you have a deep understanding of game technology and game monetization combined with an eye for design? Are you an excellent communicator and are admired for your ability to navigate complex conversations?
If this describes you, please get in touch with us to talk about the position of Game Producer.
In this position, these are the things you will be responsible for:
- Working with the Product Manager and development team(s) to define and meet project milestones.
- Running the execution of the game development process to produce high quality content.
- Crafting and maintaining project plans and schedules, including task creation, triage, bi-weekly sprints and confluence calendars.
- Ensuring live ops documentation is complete and up-to-date.
- Establishing and maintaining a productive and communicative working environment through facilitating daily scrums and project meetings.
- Identifying and resolving issues between the production schedule and design goals.
- Anticipating risks and putting plans of action in place to overcome them.
- Recommending and implementing new processes where efficiencies are needed to improve on-time or on-budget delivery.
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- Relevant/related Game Producer experience of 4 years.
- SCRUM Master certification or equivalent work experience.
- Strong project/program management skills.
- Strong experience with JIRA/Agile/Waterfall/SCRUM development with hard deadlines.
- Familiarity with the Magic: The Gathering preferred.
You also have the following attributes:
- Able to work well with a team in a fast-paced, cross-discipline, cross time zones, and iterative setting.
- Able to understand technical and design implementations and limitations.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
We know the above list is a lot. You don’t have to fill every single point. We each bring our own respective strengths to the table. Let us know which of the above is you and get in touch with us now to explore the opportunity further!
Big Blue Bubble is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender, Indigenous, BIPOC, d/Deaf and disabled applicants. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments – if you require accommodations at any point in the application or recruitment process please submit them in confidence to email@example.com.
What makes our studio so exceptional:
- Flexible hybrid work schedule providing a mix of in-office and remote work days.
- Inclusive studio culture that fosters strong collaboration and support amongst its team members.
- Smaller scope projects which provide multifaceted opportunities to build skills and try new things.
- Strong focus on work-life balance with minimal overtime.
- In-office barista and full kitchen to host daily popcorn, ice cream days and food events.
- Unique and frequent team-building and social events (pi day, office olympics, escape rooms, gaming tournaments, movie days and so much more).
- Gaming consoles and other in-office equipment (arcade machine, devices and massage chair).
- Paid game fund, so you can continue to expand your industry knowledge.
- Comprehensive benefits package and annual bonuses.
- Paid time off, sick days, wedding leave, and baby leave.
- Focus on giving back to our community through events such as Extra Life.
- Variety of internship placements where students quickly see the impact of their work.
- Part of the EG7 global gaming cooperative that is comprised of several companies that specialize in video game entertainment such as Daybreak Games, Piranha Games, Antimatter Games, Toadman Studios, Petrol, and Fireshine Games.
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
Big Blue Bubble would never ask an applicant for their social insurance number, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. We would also never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an employment offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview.
To learn more about Big Blue Bubble, click here.