The Finance Department at StarTech.com is looking for the right candidate to fill the Inventory Analyst role and join the team at our London, ON office.
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Analysis, the Inventory Analyst will perform a variety of accounting and analytical activities specifically focused on inventory. This will include tasks surrounding reconciliation of accounts, analytics and report generation, and posting journal entries.
This position offers a competitive salary, bonus potential, and benefit package.
In this Role you will:
- Ensure that all inventory accounts balance to sub ledgers and post required adjustments based on reconciliations
- Investigate and understand variances between our consignment partner balance on hand and our expectations
- Complete periodic audits into reported inventory balances reported by consignment partners, and communicate with key external and internal partners to reconcile variances and identify issues
- Assist with generation of invoices and supporting documentation as follow up to uncovered variances
- Provide accounting support, financial analysis and guidance to the organization, including transaction history, variance analysis and reconciliations
- Learn various automation and analytical tools to help automate various of financial operation and process to improve the productivity
What You Can Show Us
- Post-Secondary Education (Degree or Diploma) in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience working in a general accounting function
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel. Knowledge on Power BI is an asset
- Knowledge on Microsoft Dynamics Finance and Operations is strongly preferred
- A demonstrated ability to independently investigate issues from complex processes, and develop best solutions based on deep understanding of business impact
- A demonstrated ability to quickly learn about different systems and datasets
- A demonstrated ability to work under time constraints, effectively prioritize multiple responsibilities, be detail oriented, while showing a commitment to process improvement
- Either achievement of CPA Designation or working towards it is an asset
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan and RRSP Matching
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Training and Development Program
- Paid Charity Day and Regular Company Fun Events
- Free Parking and Subsidized Employee Café
- Bonus Plan
How to Apply
Please select the one that works best for you!
- Submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line directly to startech.com/careers
- Apply via our LinkedIn posting on our LinkedIn Careers page com Careers
StarTech.com is able to provide accommodation to job applicants throughout the hiring process. If you require an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, please advise in your cover letter.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit
StarTech.com Ltd. is a global manufacturer of hard-to-find parts and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. We make it easy for IT professionals around the globe to identify, find, get and use the parts they need to enable their business solutions.
Founded in 1985 by entrepreneurs Paul Seed and Ken Kalopsis, we’re a privately-owned company with our Corporate Office in London, Ontario, Canada. We continue with double digit year-over-year growth and operate in a number of countries worldwide, spanning North America, Europe and Asia. We will continue to expand our global footprint in the years to come.
StarTech.com is a winner of the prestigious Canada’s Best Managed Companies Platinum Club designation, having retained its designation for eight consecutive years. We’ve also been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private US companies for 10 consecutive years and are on the Profit 500 list of fastest growing Canadian companies. Most recently we have been named by the London Chamber of Commerce as the winner of the 2019 Corporate Icon Award for our substantial long-term contribution to the economic progress of our community.
A vibrant tech company, we offer an enviable workplace with a track record of growth and recognition. We’re big on service and team spirit without taking ourselves too seriously. By conquering new markets and creating career opportunities, we offer you a place to grow. Plus, our commitment to training and development will keep your skills sharp. We also know you have a life outside work. That’s why we offer benefits that take good care of you and your family and support you to actively participate in your community.
Check out our LinkedIn page and become a follower so we can stay connected!