General Manager - Railway Division
ZTR Control Systems has an exciting opportunity in the position of General Manager of the Railway Division.
As the General Manager, you are a passionate leader with proven success in leading, inspiring, coaching and building teams to excel. You have the ability to develop and execute strategies, be flexible and adaptable in an ever-changing environment.
ZTR has been honoured with a Canada's Best Managed designation for three consecutive years! The program recognizes companies in Canada with revenues over $10 million, demonstrating strategy, capability and commitment to achieve sustainable growth.
Enter a workplace where you can take advantage of your skills and talents to make a difference both as an individual and as part of a high performance team. ZTR hires only the most talented and brightest employees to join an innovative environment where new ideas are encouraged; and extraordinary performance is rewarded.
What our General Manager will do:
The General Manager, Rail provides strategic leadership for the development and growth of the railway division, ensuring teams are aligned with the company’s mission and objectives to improve service quality and encourage cost-effectiveness. The General Manager will be responsible for:
- Building the organization and inspiring the team.
- Driving results of the business unit with regards to financial, marketing, sales, operations, customer service and new product development.
- Ensure effective delivery of services and solutions, and the efficiency of the departments.
- Track, develop and control periodical departmental budgets.
- Liaison with Clients, Business Partners and industry associations to further the growth of ZTR and propel the industry
- Mentor and coach key personnel
- Provide vision and strategy to meet business needs, while identifying new opportunities for further growth.
- Develop and implement effective organizational structure to drive effective execution of initiatives.
- Communicate clear, proactive plans to address challenges across the company.
- Managing relationships within our current customer base in both large and small rail companies
- Requirement to travel for regular sales calls and customer appointments
- Participation in industry trade shows and various marketing endeavours, and campaigns
- 10+ years of experience in a senior management position, preferably as General Manger, Director of Business Development, or Director of Operations with P&L Responsibility
- Experience working at a senior level within the Railway Industry (or other similar, industrial technology industry)
- A Master’s Degree in a business administration program or similar field
- A Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or a related field would be preferred
- Proven strategic planning and execution experience, with proven ability to set vision and strategy for operations
- Proven leadership skills – passionate, positive attitude, persuasive, innovative, encouraging and motivating
- Data-driven with strong analytical and quantitative skills as well as attention to detail.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and presentation skills
ZTR Control Systems provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Candidates requiring accommodations during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources . Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.