Co-op Student, Software Developer - 16 month term
Our Associate Software Developers are responsible for the design and development of software solutions. This role also involves these additional activities:
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization;
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software;
- Communicate and collaborate with technology peers and business partners as needed;
- Contribute to and maintain comprehensive application design and technical documentation;
- Participate in peer code review sessions;
- Gather non-complex requirements, ensuring understanding and documentation is accurate;
- Contribute to solution development and product configuration;
- Participate in validation that proposed solutions will meet stakeholders’ requirements;
- Troubleshoot problems independently, using the information available, escalating through channels where necessary;
- Participate in project or product meetings, walkthroughs and reviews;
- Participate in the development of training and support materials for affected stakeholders.
- Currently enrolled in a Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Mathematics program;
- Understanding of one or more of the following application development languages:
- ASP.Net, VB, PL/SQL, C and UNIX
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Able to pivot and quickly change direction in response to changing priorities.
- Regular Full Time/Regular Part Time employees must have been in their current role for a minimum of one year or as otherwise specified in the employment offer contract;
- Temporary or Casual employees must wait until one month prior to the end of their assignment before applying;
- The employee must be demonstrating acceptable performance.
Canada Life is a leading insurance, wealth management and benefits provider focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 170 years, individuals, families and business owners across Canada have trusted us to provide sound guidance and deliver on the promises we’ve made.
As of January 1, 2020, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life became one company – Canada Life, and today, we proudly serve more than 13 million customer relationships from coast to coast to coast.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Canada Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness in our head office facilities. ?If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted