Project Manager (Software/Production)
The Project Manager is mainly responsible for running, administering, and organizing all WinAir’s production project activities. Working closely with all the production-side managers, the Project Manager helps manage schedules, arrange assignments, and communicate progress to all team members to ensure each project is completed on time and within budget. Ultimately, the Project Manager aims to create full transparency on the performance and success of each production projects for senior management.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage production projects and related documents in Jira and Confluence effectively.
- Maintain the project tools (e.g. Jira, spreadsheet reports, etc.) up to date to reflect the status of the project.
- Schedule regular meetings and take meeting minutes to record and follow up on the decisions made by the production team (e.g. assigned tasks and next steps).
- Help organize the necessary team members and coordinate resources in the planning stage.
- Facilitate the release planning meetings and identify the anticipated release date and project timeline based on the selected items and provided estimates.
- Monitor and communicate the project progress, and raise potential issues (e.g. extended estimates, AOGs, unavailable staff, etc.) to be addressed on a regular basis.
- Coordinate internal resources to delegate tasks and ensure the smooth execution of projects by monitoring and following up on any scope creeps or overdue action items.
- Help establish the quality control and project closure processes.
- Take initiative and make suggestions for constant improvement on the report templates and/or project tools (e.g. Jira dashboard).
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to identify project requirements, scope, and objectives.
- Facilitate the post-launch review meetings and prepare analysis report on the project success.
- Monitor and report on the performance metrics for each sprint and project to the senior management.
- Ad hoc duties as required.
Education & Experience
- Post-Secondary education in project management, business, or related discipline
- Demonstrated project management and Jira administration experience
- Solid technical background with understanding of software production terminologies and processes including SDLC
- Experience within the technology/software industry
Skills & Aptitudes
- Familiarity with our tech stack (Jira, Confluence, SQL, etc.)
- Working knowledge of handling project management applications
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Superb organizational skills with high attention to details
- Solid time management skills
- Understanding of Gantt Charts, flowcharts, technical documentation and schedules
Certifications & Licenses
- PMP certification and/or agile training
Environment & Physical
- Work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Be able to sit for prolonged periods of time
- No travel required
Please send your resume and a detailed cover letter explaining your experience, knowledge, and ability towards this career path, and why we need to speak with you, to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require any accommodation at any point in the recruitment process, please let us know.