ASICS Running Apps – Localization Program Manager
Kihachiro Onitsuka founded ASICS in 1949 to realize his desire to nurture the youth of Japan through sports and contribute to the development of society. Our founding philosophy, “Anima Sana In Corpore Sano (A Sound Mind in a Sound Body)”, represents our wish for people all over the world to live healthful and happy lives in both body and mind.
The ASICS brand is especially well known for its connection to running and for producing extremely high-quality running shoes. To strengthen our commitment to runners, we are expanding our investment in running-related digital services, i.e. running event technology (Race Roster™), AI run-coaching apps (the ASICS Runkeeper™ app), and other exciting platforms that will help us better serve the running industry. Combined, these projects and products makeup ASICS Fitness Apps.
Our mission-in the past, today, and into the future-is to contribute to a healthful and sustainable society and to bring joy to the people of the world through sports. Sports are an important element in living longer healthy lives, in feeling more fulfilled, and in crossing national and cultural boundaries to bring the world together. If you are looking to join a fun and innovative company focused on the booming digital health and fitness industry, this is the place for you!
As the Localization Program Manager you will be responsible for end to end localization of all ASICS Running Apps. You will be relied upon to engage and build effective relationships with all key cross functional teams and stakeholders to understand global requirements, anticipate needs, influence, and drive localization best practices. Day to day, you will be responsible for proactively identifying, scoping, executing and iterating on process improvements to localization workflows to ensure on time delivery and high localization quality. This position requires flexibility as we respond to new business and customer requirements, while being able to quickly adapt to new strategies and priorities as they evolve.
- Partner with data analytics, consumer insights and marketing teams to collect, analyze and implement data to drive localization decisions
- Design and implement efficient and scalable end-to-end localization frameworks for multiple ASICS Running App products and content types (product, UX/UI, legal, support, marketing, ASO keywords, etc)
- Guide product teams across apps to ensure localizability and internationalization best practices are followed
- Actively partner with internal and external stakeholders (such as business owners, regional teams, vendors, growth, legal/compliance, marketing, support, creative and other teams) to support end to end localization of all things related to ASICS Fitness Apps and ensure a consistent global experience
- Own the localization budget
- Negotiate and manage all vendor relationships
- Meaningfully participate in diversity and inclusion initiatives across the ASICS Running Apps teams
Education & Experience
- 3+ years of experience in localization
- BA/BS or 2+ years equivalent work experience in localization, internationalization, project management, or program management
- Thorough understanding of translation technologies: translation memories, translation management systems, machine translation, etc.
- Familiarity with internationalization standards such as Unicode and CLDR
- Experience with translation management platforms, file formats and CAT tools
- Experience localizing native apps
- Experience in fast paced agile product development environments
- Communication experience working across time zones and cultures
- Experience processing and analyzing complex data sets in order to make business decisions
- Experience driving results within cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of additional languages other than English
- Experience presenting to Sr. Level stakeholders
- Experience with web and web app localization
- AB Testing and analysis experience in a product development environment
- Any knowledge of HTML/XML, coding/scripting, command-line utilities, regular expressions, SQL
- Effective completion of assigned tasks
- Efficient use of time and resources
- Continuously learning and improving in your role
- Quality of work performed
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees at all levels of the organization
The successful candidate for this role will become an employee of Race Roster North America Corporation (RRNA), a subsidiary of ASICS Corporation – a Japanese multinational corporation. Race Roster was founded in London, Ontario in 2011.
Send all cover letters and resume’s to email@example.com
Tell us why you want to work at Race Roster and describe an awesome project or team you’ve worked on in the past. Include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject of the email. Please give us a link to your LinkedIn or any other portfolio website.
Race Roster is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, sex, place of origin, ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, creed, record of offences, genetics, disability, age, marital status, family status, veteran status, or fitness level.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.