We are looking for a passionate customer and team focused individual to join our team as a Buyer. As a key member of the Supply Chain Team, this position is responsible for overseeing and supporting purchasing and inventory requirements to meet customer order demand and department projects.
ZTR promotes a healthy balance between work, play and family. ZTR’s Social & Community Giving Committees provide employees with opportunities to participate in summer BBQs, company family picnic, and various social events for employees and family members as well as paid time off to volunteer at local charities! Become a member of the ZTR family!
- Analyse material requirements and manage demand for consistent flow of materials required for production and customer deliverables.
- Work closely with multiple teams and stakeholders across the organization for material management.
- Prioritize, expedite orders, confirm shipments and escalate issues to stakeholders and management.
- Maintain vendor relationships.
- Inventory reporting and scheduling.
- Implement lean processes that minimize inventory and shipping costs.
- Promptly respond to customer/supply concerns and manage customer relationships as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
- University degree or College diploma in Supply Chain Management, Purchasing, Business, or a related post-secondary education, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience using ERP/MRP software
- Global supply chain experience is an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (especially in Excel)
- Demonstrated comfort with making decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Use tact and diplomacy in all circumstances; approach difficult situations with professionalism
- Strong communications and negotiating skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills.
We are interested in hearing from you if you meet most of the above qualifications.
ZTR Control Systems provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Candidates requiring accommodations during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.