Aircraft Software Data Entry and Support Specialist
AV-BASE Systems, Inc. (dba WinAir) is a proud developer and supporter of structurally integrated and cost-efficient maintenance and inventory control systems for over 30 years. With our head office in London, Ontario, we provide WinAir software to over 250 operators (fixed- and rotary-wing) worldwide.
Celebrating our 30th anniversary, WinAir was also recognized by the local business community during the London Chamber of Commerce Business Achievement Awards, as the winner of the Business of the Year award in the medium-sized category in 2018.
Would you like to become a part of an award-winning company that is growing more than ever? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Are you looking for opportunities for growth in different job functions? Then reach out to us!
The Aircraft Software Data Entry and Support Specialist is someone with excellent communications skills who enjoys working collaboratively with different departments. In Technical Support they will be primarily responsible for screening and responding to customers’ needs and questions concerning the applicable version of WinAir. They will work closely with customers to address their problems and questions by providing guidance and/or solutions in a professional manner.
In Aircraft Services they will be primarily responsible for auditing and entering aircraft technical records into WinAir. As their skills and knowledge develop, they will also get involved with creating the aircraft templates in WinAir for customers based on the technical documentation. The Aircraft Software Data Entry and Support Specialist will work closely with customers to address their requirements and questions by providing guidance and/or solutions in a professional manner.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Communicate with customers via in-house database, remote desktop technology and phone
- Download, extract and analyze customer databases for testing purposes
- Assist with database preparation, data conversions for system upgrades, and installations
- Propose appropriate solutions to problems discovered during testing
- Take ownership of technical issues and collaborate with other departments to resolve issues
- Assist with customer software installations, data conversions, and system upgrades
- Provide written and verbal responses to customer queries
- Write installation and support procedure documentation
- Evaluate and test software for quality assurance as assigned
- Help Documentation creation, checks and setup
- Develop and update the program of fleet maintenance according to the requirements of manufacturers and other aviation regulatory bodies
- Assist in the incorporation of the maintenance program
- Create and update aircraft templates for all types of aircraft
- Create/Amend master airworthiness directives
Qualifications and Competencies
- Able to independently troubleshoot and research issues with available documentation
- High technical aptitude, able to learn new software, and comprehend technical publications
- Familiarity with SQL Server, restoring and working with SQL databases is an asset
- Familiarity with web applications, i.e. Apache Tomcat, is an asset
- Familiarity with Aircraft Technical Publications is an asset
- Technical Support experience working with software or equivalent
- Experience using aircraft maintenance programs is an asset
- Familiarity with the rules relating to the MSM, MRB, and MPD is an asset
Skills and Aptitudes
- Great attention to detail (Reviewing and translating Technical Publications, understanding customer requests)
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work and communicate effectively from home (remote work)
- Professional and clear in communications with customers (Phone, email, Zoom/Teams)
- Able to effectively document work
- Self-motivated (can work on task for extended periods of time without direction)
- Able to collaborate with other departments and take direction from multiple sources
Environment and Physical
- Work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Be able to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Be able to work flexible schedules to accommodate emergency situations
Why Work for Us?
We offer competitive compensation package based on experience and a proven track record of success, relative to the deliverables of the role. Benefits offered at WinAir include: extended healthcare, dental, EAP, RRSP matching, etc.
We are also proud to offer a flexible work schedule maximizing good work-life balance, different social committee events, and quarterly Town Hall meetings to foster teamwork and a strong, long-lasting work relationship.
Do you want to hear more about what we can offer? Why not check out our website and see what is available? We are hiring for different roles and would love to hear from qualified individuals like yourself!
Please send your resume and a detailed cover letter explaining your experience, knowledge, and ability towards this career path, and why we need to speak with you via email to HR. Please include the position title in the subject line.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require any accommodation at any point of recruitment process, please let us know.