Applications Developer and Support Analyst Hybrid/Work from Home
Being a part of PRA Group Canada means you are valued! This is a place where your education, skills, and background contribute to help build our organization’s success.
PRA Group Canada is an organization whose mission is to offer nonperforming loan solutions to customers in a respectful, ethical way. We go the extra mile to ensure the experience of all original account owners is professional, flexible, and customer oriented.
We look for talented people who are committed to quality work and thrive in a company culture that is positive and engaging and supports professional growth in a team environment.
Bring your IT skills and knowledge to PRA Group Canada as an Applications Developer/Analyst.
What you will do:
Reporting to the IT Manager – Applications and Systems, you will be responsible to analyze, develop, implement, and maintain application-based solutions using multiple and varied technologies in support of business needs and changes to business processes. This role is responsible for being aware of and complying with all relevant legislation, information security best practices, and company policies, including but not limited to the Personal Information Protection and Electronics Document Act (PIPEDA).
More specifically your duties will include:
- Enacting changes to business applications in response to business process changes and ensuring development accounts for proper security and functionality for the business
- Designing and developing data file import and export interfaces for business applications
- Maintaining the integrity of business application databases
- Testing of application development changes required for production changes and providing third-level support and troubleshooting as needed
- Preparing documentation (SOPs) and administrative reports as required for both basic and advanced users
- Utilizing MS SQL tools for data imports, queries, and updates
- Ability to gather and confirm end users’ requirements and adjust development to meet end users and business needs
- Providing significant contributions to various technology-related projects to different departments at basic, intermediate, and advanced levels
- Researching available tools and technologies to determine alternate technical solutions.
What you will bring:
We operate in a unique development environment where ETL workflows are utilized. A basic understanding of programming and database development concepts is essential to be successful in this role. If you are creative, analytical, have a free-thinking approach to problem solving, and a tenacious approach to delivering solutions, this is the role for you!
Other qualifications include:
- Relevant post-secondary degree or diploma from a recognized institution in Computer Development
- 3 to 5 years of progressive development experience in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Visual Basic or related object-oriented programming language
- Knowledge and ability to work with SQL-based databases.
- SQL database administration
- Experience with RDBMS (Relationship Database Management System)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact positively with team and end users
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Experience within the financial services industry is an asset
- Ability to share knowledge with staff
Here’s what sets us apart:
PRA Group Canada values its employees and offers innovative programs that promote teamwork, positive morale, and employee recognition. In today’s ever-changing work environment, we pride ourselves on our commitment to work/life balance. At PRA we know that company success is derived from the efforts of all our talented and hardworking employees. We are committed to delivering a total rewards program, including:
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- Three weeks of vacation, to start
- Five paid days of sick/family responsibility leave
- Group health and dental program
- Employee assistance program
- Tuition reimbursement program
Be part of our amazing team!
Enjoy the benefits of working in a hybrid work environment with a set schedule of business hours (40 hours per week), Monday to Friday. Flexibility will be required for after-hours software support, non-business hour updates, and troubleshooting, as needed to reduce production impact.
Ready for a challenging and rewarding opportunity? Submit your cover letter and resume by June 2, 2023, via email to:
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those selected to participate in the interview process. We are compliant with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) legislation. Accommodation will be provided upon request.
Learn more and Apply