Manager, Quality Assurance
Voices is the world’s #1 voice marketplace.
We’ve helped tens of thousands of marketers, producers, instructors, and creative directors at the world’s biggest and most beloved brands find the right talent for their creative projects. Headquartered in London, Canada, Voices matches clients with voice over, music, audio production, and translation professionals in over 160 countries.
Reporting to the Vice president of Technology, in your role as the QA Manager you will be managing a group of QA Specialists to ensure the online platform is running smoothly, bug free and to the best of its capabilities. In an average day you might be immersed in A/B testing an engagement feature, fleshing out specifications, testing new functionality, verifying a repaired bug, and being the definitive authority on how the website works.
- Ensure all strategic projects and operational projects meet the highest quality possible by following industry recognized QA methodologies and best practices. The candidate must have experience in structured testing methodology, with a proven ability to breakdown business requirements/functional/non-functional requirements into high and detailed test cases and test scenarios.
- Design and develop test plans, test strategies, end to end test plan, test cases/scenarios and QA metric in support of test execution. Perform full functional, integration & regression testing on assigned projects. Review functional specifications and assist in evaluating test approach profiling of manual test cases for automation test opportunities.
- Work with the customer Support during user acceptance testing. Conducts proper hand-off and walkthroughs with Customer Support staff.
- Manage bugs and inefficiencies identified by internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist Technical services during upgrades of automations tools and environments. Supporting computer operations issues or concerns as it pertains to Automation tools and environment.
- Provide a monthly report to the CEO and CTO on the platform functionality
- In office requirement: Monthly + once per quarter
- 5+ years of experience performing automated and manual regression testing on web and mobile applications
- Expertise with Automation Tools like Selenium, test rail
- 3+ years of team management, preferably for an online marketplace environment
- Experience testing web applications built on LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) technologies.
- Experience testing mobile applications on iOS and Android platforms
- Experience in conducting walkthroughs of Test Plan and Test Cases with the project team and business.
- Be proficient in providing test estimates.
- Awareness to Software Development and Testing lifecycle with various Agile methodologies and experience managing quality and automation in the Agile practice.
- Experience working in an Agile development processes (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, XP etc.)
- Be proficient in gathering/creating test data using complex SQL queries.
- Must be able to prepare test cases and test plan for large scale projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to details and analytical thinking is a must
- Experience in all aspects of testing including functional, usability, load, and security testing
- Ability to check system logs and database records to verify technical test cases
- Must be able to perform in a small team / startup environment
- The candidate must have excellent communication, interpersonal and client interaction skills as they will be required to work closely with customer support, a diverse group of users, IT Management and application developers, in order to develop test strategies/ test scenarios and to follow QA process consistently for strategic and operational projects.
- Prior experience as a business analyst / software programmer will be a plus
Equal Employment Opportunities
Voices’ values diversity. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Voices is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please let us know if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter and resume and writing samples by completing the online application. By doing so, your resume is guaranteed to be reviewed.