Sr. UX Designer
Expect more. Connect more. Be more at Diebold Nixdorf. Our teams automate, digitize, and transform the way more than 75 million people around the globe bank and shop in this hyper-connected, consumer-centric world. Join us in connecting people to commerce in this vital, rewarding role.
This is a contract position.
We are looking for a Sr UX Designer to Join our growing User Experience team and help design the future of banking and retail user experiences! As a Senior UX Designer, you will work closely with our product teams to design engaging user experiences in an innovative and fast-paced environment using customer insights. A thorough understanding of rigorous user-centered design methods and best practices is required as well as an in-depth understanding of modern design standards and styles.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will be an authority on design and usability while working with our developers and product management teams. You have the ability to explain the science and principles behind your designs and the processes that you follow. The successful candidate will have in-depth experience in visual and interactive design and advanced skills with relevant design tools while working and solving design challenges in complex domains.
You will work closely with other UX Designers, UI Designers, UI Developers, Product Management, Product Development, and subject matter experts across the organization to conceptualize, design, and deliver a constantly evolving signature user experience that supports our mission to drive long-term customer loyalty and exponential revenue growth.
You are responsible for
- Developing concepts from idea to final design by leveraging a broad designer toolkit, from sketches, storyboards, user scenarios, personas, wireframes to design prototypes, and detailed wireframe specs as needed.
- Closely engaging with product and development teams to quickly understand their design needs and any business, product, or technical limitations that need to be considered
- Working iteratively with users, product teams to gather and document user experience requirements, workflows, goals, and expectations.
- Presenting and building confidence around design such as user research findings, high-level conceptual design ideas, and detailed design specifications.
- Acting as a subject matter expert in UX design by exhibiting highly skilled techniques and deep understanding of best practices Diebold Nixdorf’s digital experiences
- Consulting with customers to understand and quantify user needs through interviews, observations, and other research methods.
- Working closely with our CX organization and other market intelligence teams to understand product opportunities and user needs that can be met through design
- Conducting usability testing and other generative and evaluate research activities, discover insights and requirements, and turn into enhanced designs
- Defining experience and usability goals based on business and customer needs that will be used to guide the design and testing of the product to ensure that we meet goals
- Contributing to the creation of new design systems
- Quickly understand limitations and opportunities presented by regulations and other external requirements to keep
- Thinking beyond a feature and a single screen to consider the broader implications of design changes
- Creating and communicate design principles that connect directly with user goals, expectations, and needs
- Thinking about problems from different perspectives and applying experience in other domains to create the best experience for the user
- Providing guidance and oversight to other UX professionals
- Working closely with UI designers and internal user researchers to support usability and focus group test plans and prototype support (paper or interactive prototypes, as appropriate)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in graphic design, UX, HCI, new media, or web design
- 5+ years of visual and interaction design plus strong prototyping experience
- Able to working independently to develop interaction design definition, direction and execution
- Detail-oriented and highly developed organizational skills including the ability to balance multiple projects, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Experience with the merger of digital and physical product experiences desired
- Experience working with B2B and/or enterprise products
- Advanced Adobe Creative Suite/Sketch/InVision skills with the latest design/production tools
- Strong conceptual and visual thinker with a broad toolset for communicating complex ideas
- Deep understanding, proficiency, and ability to complete various design tasks, including design guidelines, cross-browser compatibility, accessibility standards, and optimization techniques
- Experience defining design standards, style guides, and patterns
- Self-starter with excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Industry leading portfolio showcasing design skills that demonstrate critical thought process, digital cross-platform experience, complex domain experience, and how design can improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and satisfaction of a consumer/user
- Ability to travel as needed <10% for client visits, user research, team meetings
- Position is fully remote
Why should you join Diebold Nixdorf?
Brightest minds + technology and innovation + business transformation The people of Diebold Nixdorf are 23,000+ teammates of diverse talents and expertise in more than 130 countries, harnessing future technologies to deliver personalized, secure consumer experiences that connect people to commerce. Our culture is fueled by our values of collaboration, decisiveness, urgency, willingness to change, and accountability.
–Diebold Nixdorf is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** To all recruitment agencies: Diebold Nixdorf does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diebold Nixdorf employees or any other organization location. Diebold Nixdorf is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes**