Sr. Manager, Strategic Sourcing
The incumbent is responsible for overseeing procurement activities and the application of procurement policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements. At Fairstone, he or she is accountable for performing analyses and making strategic recommendations concerning all contracts as well as provide internal customers with recommended assistance in supplier management, will create and maintain various reports (key performance indicators, catalogue of products and services, dashboards, etc.)
WHY JOIN US? We offer a non-traditional work model where teamwork and entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged and…
- Hybrid work model
- Flexible work schedule to support your work life balance.
- Vacation and wellness days up to 29 days off a year.
- Registered pension plan at Fairstone is offering all our employees a 3% guaranteed contribution. In addition, we offer up to 3% additional to match your contribution.
- Flexible group insurance with personalized coverage and virtual healthcare
- Employee discounts: Phone plans, gym membership and car and home insurance, and many retail discounts with Perkopolis.
- Vendor B10 contract review, assessment, onboarding, and due diligence activities.
- Create, review, draft and recommend changes to contracts ranging in size and complexity.
- Manage the competitive bid process, support the development of performance and evaluation criteria, oversee the contract award process.
- Define contractual requirements for insurance coverage.
- Create and maintain the insurance strategy and framework for the company.
- Manage the negotiations of contract documents including specifications, general and special conditions and exhibits with support from legal, Information Technology, Information Security, and any other department, as necessary, and ensure that agreements are signed in a timely manner.
- Maintain suppliers master data and lead audit response for the area.
- Provide procurement / strategic sourcing coaching, and contract negotiation training to direct reports and key stakeholders.
- Create sourcing plans and recommend savings opportunities.
- Generating and submitting RFP’s.
- Encourage the implementation of best practices in procurement that promote operational efficiency, quality, and on-time delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or Procurement or Logistics (DEP) or equivalent
- 7+ years of relevant experience in strategic sourcing / procurement
- 3 years experience in a personnel management position
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and in English.
- Ability to handle considerable volume under tight deadlines.
- Effective time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical and data mining skills with a good understanding of basic accounting
- Experience working with insurance strategies.
- Familiarity with IT products and services and with ERP systems (an asset)
- Experience in reading, writing RFP’s.
WE ARE PROUD TO BE: Montreal's Top Employers 2023 by Canada’s Top 100 Employers!
We are honored to be recognized for offering a best-in-class workplace, incentives, and initiatives to our dedicated employees who have helped build Fairstone into an employer of choice.
Learn more: https://www.fairstone.ca/en/about/canadian-lender
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fairstone/mycompany/
If you’re seeking a role with a growing business that values employee development, Fairstone is the right place for you!
Fairstone is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minorities, and disabled are encouraged to apply in confidence.
Time Type: Full time
Job Type: Permanent