Northern delivers Omni-Channel Commerce Solutions, designed and developed with the latest open source technology. We specialize in building Magento eCommerce implementations and full service eCommerce marketing solutions. Our goal is to help businesses reap the benefits of web-based technologies to decrease costs and maximize their bottom line.
Our employees are challenged to uphold the highest standards and together we strive to exceed all expectations. We are currently seeking an Operations Coordinator who will complement our passion for advertising, technology and performance-based results.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for an Operations Coordinator who is excited to be part of a passionate and growing team! The Operations Coordinator takes independent action to initiate support for the leadership team, primarily focusing on the operational needs of the President.
The Operations Coordinator will work closely with the President and other members of the senior leadership team to help manage new ventures and various projects. This is a unique opportunity to work in a highly entrepreneurial and innovative environment. This position is also ideal for any individual that has entrepreneurial aspirations and is looking to accelerate their own personal development.
The successful candidate must be curious and eager to learn as each task or initiative is likely new and challenging. Other critical skills include being comfortable with working with all levels of an organization, communicating with stakeholders, and maintaining professionalism and confidentiality.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as a liaison for information requests and follow-up actions, primarily for the Partners - assisting on tasks when possible
- Provide full operational support to the senior leadership team
- Responsible for strategic time management and organization of multiple calendars with attention to accuracy, timeliness, conflict resolution and alignment to the leader’s priorities and commitments
- Planning and coordination of complex domestic and international travel itineraries
- Liaise with the leadership team and employees throughout the company in a professional and confidential manner
- Act as a representative of Northern when attending client-facing meetings with members of the leadership team to provide administrative support and to record meeting minutes
- Partner closely with the senior leadership team on the rhythm of the business, including planning and logistics for all company events
- Assist with transportation for leadership team members for meetings as required; including the use of a company vehicle to drive to and from Toronto
- High degree of flexibility with regard to hours of work, including the ability to work evenings and/or weekends when required
- Ability to fill in for other Operations team members as needed
- Ad hoc assignments as required
Knowledge, Education & Experience Required
- Experience working in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Diploma or Degree in business or business administration preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of Google G Suite
- The ability to work under tight timelines and to balance multiple and varied projects at one time
- A thorough understanding of corporate communications
- Exceptionally high standard of professionalism, confidentiality, strong interpersonal skills and discretion is required
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with people at various levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative, strong judgment and problem-solving abilities
At Northern we recognize that experience comes in many different forms. If your experience is similar to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We know that the best problem-solving and creative thinkers are those with thought diversity; that’s why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team.
In exchange for your talent and expertise, Northern is committed to providing competitive compensation, health benefits, flexible work schedules, delicious meals, company retreats, opportunities for growth and professional development, and a fun, supportive environment that will allow you to be your best!
Equity and Diversity
Northern invites applications from all qualified individuals. Northern is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations please let us know when you apply.
Apply To Position