Join our Winning Team as a UX/UI Designer
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with like-minded people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” is taken to new heights. Everything from annual company outings, to monthly new hire happy hours and being a dog friendly work place. And don’t forget about the gear! Every day you will see CARFAXers walking around the office sporting CARFAX t-shirts, hats, backpacks and more. Are you looking to join a company you’ll be proud to show off? If so, take a detour from the daily grind and apply today!
At CARFAX we’ve been delivering exceptional experiences through revolutionary products for over 30 years. As we grow to help more consumers shop, buy, own & sell used cars with confidence, we need a talented UX/UI Designer to join our team in London, Ontario. We’re looking for someone who has proven expertise in blending user-centered design methodologies with thoughtful execution to create digital experiences that are intuitive, delightful and deliver results.
As a UX/UI Designer, you will:
- Work every day with a team of product managers, user experience researchers and developers across the business to understand and solve business and user problems.
- Design intuitive, results driven products and thoughtful user experiences that balance aesthetics and usability.
- Leverage research findings and analytics data to inform design decisions and evaluate the effectiveness of designs.
- Prototype to demonstrate and evaluate potential designs with stakeholders.
- Work within an Agile team environment that delivers through iteration.
- Listen and share with colleagues across the company to drive collaboration.
- Illustrate a firm grasp of the user centered design process (Strategy, Research, Design and Testing), and be able to lead the product team through the various stages.
In a given week, our UX/UI Designers might be:
- Leading a whiteboard session with the rest of the project team (product manager, developers, etc.) to brainstorm designs.
- Creating user workflows or information architecture for a complex new feature.
- Working with UX Researchers to evaluate proposed features or products through user testing.
- Facilitate workshops with the product team to help evaluate which product concepts to build out.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- 5+ years of experience designing responsive web interfaces.
- Have a degree, certification, or equivalent work experience showing aptitude with User Experience.
- Have prior experience designing responsive web solutions.
- Have strong understanding of SEO fundamentals.
- Be proficient in using design tools such as the Sketch, Invision, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- The ability to travel to the U.S. approximately 4-5 times a year
- Have an online portfolio of UX/UI work samples you can share with us.*
*Please Note: an online portfolio is required for consideration.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.