Location: London, ON
Info-Tech’s Legal Group services the Info-Tech Research Group of Companies by providing timely advice on all facets of the business. Info-Tech’s Legal Counsel is responsible for partnering with and advising business teams on a variety of commercial transactions and legal issues to support our rapidly growing business, with a specific focus on the Public Sector (“PS”). This is an excellent opportunity to make substantial contributions to a dynamic and thriving business. The successful candidate will be customer service focused, keen to participate directly in the business and a creative problem solver, applying sound business and legal judgment to a wide variety of commercial transactions and relationships.
- Relentlessly pursue key PS contract vehicles throughout North America and globally, working collaboratively with Info-Tech General Counsel and the Public Sector Lead.
- Assist with negotiating terms and conditions, as required, with government counsel.
- Maintain a contract vehicle repository to successfully manage:
- The term/expiration/renewal dates of PS contracts.
- The addition of new/modified Info-Tech products and services and price increases to PS contracts.
- Flagging terms for the business that require Info-Tech deliver services in non-standard way.
- Draft and negotiate contracts of all types, including master agreements, SOWs and other project-specific addenda, non-disclosure agreements, and customer specific contracting requirements.
- Actively assist the contract negotiation process, both internally with the sales and service teams and internal stakeholders, and externally with clients.
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with internal stakeholders to support business initiatives, while ensuring compliance with legislation and internal policies.
- Assist General Counsel in advising internal stakeholders on all facets of Info-Tech’s business, including but not limited to matters related to employment, immigration, marketing, property, insurance, privacy, data security, and litigation.
Competencies/Key Selection Criteria:
- A Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and admission to the Canadian bar, in good standing to practice law in Canada.
- Recently called with experience in a law firm or in-house corporate legal department with hands-on experience drafting and negotiating a wide array of contracts.
- A keen desire to be a “business enabler” by helping create solutions to allow the business to achieve its goals.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of intelligence, independent reasoning, excellent analytical skills and judgment, and a strong business acumen.
- Intellectually curious with a desire to understand every aspect of the business and a strong desire to learn.
- Experience juggling multiple competing demands.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation, and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interact with numerous business teams.
- Meticulous attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
ITRG is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. To that end, upon request, ITRG will ensure, to the extent possible, that accommodation be made available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.