Lead Full Stack Developer (Remote)
Can you complete any web project from front to back? Possess the necessary skills from top to bottom? Know all of coding’s ins and outs? Then we have a “position” for you!
Joydrop’s web development division is expanding! We have several openings for developers who are proficient in both front and back-end programming to lead the charge on all of our web-centric projects. This is a full-time posting for any experienced developer who has worked professionally and is out of school for two or more (2+) years.
Work Where You Live
Now that the pandemic has changed the way we all work, Joydrop has transitioned to a nearly 100% remote tech company. As long as you live within the western hemisphere (North, Central and South America), we welcome you to apply!
• Write, modify, integrate, and test user-facing features using the latest versions of React.js, Material UI in Typescript
• Work closely with project managers, designers, and product stakeholders to define specifications, provide estimates, and execute them
• Create working prototypes and iterate those prototypes into production-ready projects • Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
• Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
• Oversee QA to ensure smooth, bug free releases
• Mentor more junior developers
• Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
• Identify and communicate about technical problems, processes and solutions
• Facilitate the interchange of data between databases, servers, administrative tools and users • Maximize cloud configurations and occasionally design architecture
• Deliver quality products through the use of agile methodologies and test-driven development
Required Skills and Experience
• Fully fluent in professional English, both verbal and written
• 3+ years of experience in a full-stack development
• At least one large-scale web development project of four developers or more, where you had a lead
technical position from concept to completion
• Completed and helped maintain and/or scaled the back-ends of web-based software • An almost obnoxious attention to detail for proper coding structures and conventions • An innate ability to pick up new languages and technologies quickly
• Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
• Very comfortable in Linux and Bash Scripting with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux) • Experience in PostgreSQL
• Experience with Visual Studio Code, Node.js with Typescript
• Experience with common front-end development tools such as Bugsnag, Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc. • Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
• A knack for benchmarking and optimization
• Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
• Familiarity with Git
• Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs
• Familiarity with AWS, Google Cloud Platform is a bonus
• Comfortable with Docker and/or Kubernetes
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
• Up-to-date resume
• A link to a portfolio of your coding work (website, blog, github account, etc.) containing source code and executables
• Upon successful review, you will be contacted to write a short programming test before your interview
Compensation & Employee Benefits
• We offer competitive compensation based on your experience
• Flexible work hours, health benefits, minimum 3 weeks vacation, and more
About Mikutech / Joydrop
Mikutech is a full-service agency specializing in high-quality custom applications, technical consulting and creative solutions. Joydrop is the brand for all of Mikutech’s gaming ventures. They were established by Mark Mikulec, a veteran game developer on titles like Dark Sector and Bioshock, an architect of several game and software as a service web and mobile applications and a visionary who has been at the forefront of VR/AR long before its recent popularity. Mikutech has developed an extensive client base in the medical, educational, and web
sectors through exceptional coding, focus-tested UI/UX, deep production and design experience, and honest rapport with new and existing patrons.
Working at Mikutech means working elbow to elbow with respected industry professionals and up-and-comers in code, production, and design. It also means you’ll not only be given the chance to show off your expertise and finesse, but learn alongside similarly ambitious people. Because we recognize that happy employees are more productive employees, we promote group events like regular DnD sessions, holiday parties, and arcade crawls. We’re also proud that we haven’t had any crunch time for years.
Mikutech is located in the long-time tech hotspot of London, Ontario, home to other high-tech industry stalwarts like Digital Extremes, IO Industries and Start.ca. Close to major highways, rail-lines, and airports, London provides the amenities of larger urban centers with less traffic and pollution, and with more affordable housing. Since you may have already found a great place to base your life, Mikutech/Joydrop is fully amenable to you working remotely from anywhere in the Western hemisphere (North, South, and Latin America).
For further information about Joydrop and Mikutech, visit www.joydrop.co and www.mikutech.com .
Click here to apply.