Software Engineer - Heavy Equipment
Date: Sep 7, 2021
Location: London, ON, CA, N6G 5C6
Accelerate Your Career
Drive global technology
With more than $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global is a leading global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail and adjacent industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end automotive commerce, CDK provides solutions to dealers in more than 100 countries around the world, serving approximately 28,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers. CDK Global solutions automate and integrate critical processes from pre-sale targeted advertising to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence.
We’re large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
From data scientists to sales and client service experts, we’re hiring to support your growth and ours - Green light your career.
Software development position that works primarily in designing, coding, testing and supporting software products and related materials. Through virtual methods and department procedures, development focus is to meet the clients’ needs and support CDK Heavy Equipment applications. Position requires heavy client facing communication and experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design custom applications to convert clients’ data to conform to CDK software requirements. Software development is influenced by other software engineers, virtual implementation consultants (VIC’s) or supervisor to support dealership business practices and goals
- Perform debugging and system level testing on programs.
- Emphasis is on the converted data to ensure accuracy
- Create interfaces to or from other applications or databases
- Ability to meet deliverables for different project milestones
- Attend and assist with verification seminars to ensure client understanding of application and gain client confirmation of application customization.
- Conducts post implementation changes and assists in follow-up meetings with project team to ensure optimum application usage, accuracy of customization
- Participate in code reviews for development projects
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, or equivalent education / experience
- 1-3 years programming experience required
- Experience with current software development methodologies and processes.
- Must have experience with RPG IV
- Nice to have experience includes ILE, Advanced SQL and Agile
- Analysis and design experience required
- Experience with Procedural oriented design concepts and relational databases preferred
- Working knowledge of the midrange operating system
- Knowledge of CDK Heavy Equipment Business system an asset
- Understanding of IBM Query, IBM Data transfer to/from IBM i and FTP process is a nice to have
- Ability to operate PC and Office software products, such as Word and Excel
- Ability to code from requirement, functional and/or design documents
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems and demonstrate problem solving and resourcefulness in obtaining information
- Superior communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Strong customer service / consulting skills based on understanding of the CDK Heavy Equipment application and expectations of the client
- Ability to work as a team member with limited supervision.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to efficiently plan workload and prioritize to meet deadlines.
This position description outlines the general nature and level of work performed. It is not a comprehensive list of all duties required of the associate. This role may involve off-hours work at times (early mornings and/or weekends) CDK Global welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. CDK Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. We believe that diversity in all aspects of business leads to strength.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or veteran status. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Segment: Developer, Consulting, Computer Science, Supply, Database, Technology, Operations