*** Please complete the application located at: http://simal.am/webdevapp ***
Small and mighty; award-winning; London-based; Simalam works with non-profits and the public sector to create digital tools that create meaningful impact on a local, regional and national scale. We are a passionate team pushing industry boundaries in UX and development.
We are looking for someone whose work ethic, curiousity and skill is unparalleled. You strive to understand the "bigger picture" while still paying attention to the details that make a great project incredible.
You will be working with our cross-disciplinary team to code approved designs. You understand how to use hooks and filters to customize functionality, following WordPress best practices. Your work accurately represents design assets across multiple browsers and devices and you feel comfortable making design decisions based on project style guides. Details are important to you and you are comfortable testing your own work.
Your contribution to our team isn't limited to your exceptional coding skills. You will contribute to the team's growth and participate in strategic meetings. You're comfortable with being mentored and mentoring.
- Responsive, cross-browser & W3C compliant HTML, CSS
- Codex-approved WordPress theming
- Working with, and implementing, design and style guidelines
- Contributing to team strategy meetings
- Implementing advancements for existing clients
- Ability to QA your own work
Education / Experience Requirements:
At least 1-2 years in an agency or corporate environment; with a focus on enterprise-level websites and mobile apps.
We're looking for a person that:
- Pays attention to the subtle details that make a great user experience
- Is comfortable working on multiple projects with simultaneous deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to research + solve problems
- Keeps up with the latest tools and has a firm understanding of when to use them
- Has experience with custom WordPress theme development
- Has advanced knowledge of W3C compliance
- Has advanced knowledge in creating accessible websites, apps and products
- Understands and empathizes that there's a person on the other side of the screen using what we build
- Has experience integrating third-party APIs
- Has experience with SCSS & Git versioning
Why become a Simalonian?
Location & schedule independent - We have two rules in the office - don't miss meetings and always meet deadlines.
You pick your benefits - Health, dental, workshops, courses, conferences, books, tech, fitness - we supply you with a budget that you can use how you see fit.
Autonomy & project ownership - You're excited about finding a solution to each problem and share ideas with the team while always striving to make the job at hand as efficient as possible.
Community giving - Have a cause or an idea you're passionate about? We have a significant percentage of revenue dedicated to Community Impact. Let's talk about how we're going to make the world a better place.
Unlimited vacation time
Coaching & mentoring - We push ourselves to always improve. As a team, we help one another grow.
Profit sharing - We recognize that our dedication is what makes Simalam successful and share a portion of our net profit with the team.
A quirky, collaborative environment to grow and thrive in!
Please complete the application located at: http://simal.am/webdevapp
- Work from home opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing/share options
- Wellness programs
- Company events & social hours
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Discounted or Free Food
- Flexible Schedule
- On-site Parking
- Profit Sharing
- Work From Home
- Web Development: 3 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19