Business Data Analyst (9 Month contract)
At CARFAX Canada, we’re more than just obsessed with cars. We’re obsessed with data and using it to help millions of Canadians buy, sell and maintain cars - but you can learn that on our website. Let’s talk about the sweet perks you’ll get when working here (i.e. what you actually want to know): Some days you’ll be taking in-house leadership training courses, other days you’ll be eating a catered lunch with your team mates. Grab a seat in the state-of-the-art office at 100 Kellogg Lane and collaborate the day away. What’s that, it’s the summer? Well, the 4-day work weeks have kicked in; enjoy those extra paid days off! Why not use one of your paid volunteer days to give back to your community? What else can we list? Competitive wages, amazing benefits like a wellness spending fund, a company-matched pension program, monthly “work from anywhere” days, yearly performance-based bonuses, health and wellness programs, a literal award-winning culture, parental leave top-ups and all kinds of social events. To top all of this off, every day you get to choose how you get to do meaningful work with incredible people. So, looks like we’re obsessed with a few things here – data and our people!
CARFAX Canada is excited to announce that we are looking for a new addition to our growing team in the role of Business Data Analyst for a 9-month contract. This role will be instrumental in assisting the Data Insights Team in providing clarity and added value to our data assets.
The Business Data Analyst will work with members of various departments to increase our data comprehension and maximize its value through a mixture of business intelligence, visualizations and data mining. Tasks and projects will range from supporting internal stakeholders as well as being critical contributors to enterprise roadmap projects as the company looks to leverage and monetize substantial data portfolios. The Business Data Analyst will need to be adaptable to emerging technology and willing to be a part of a continuous learning cycle as we refine the use cases for newer technologies.
You are a data-focused problem solver that will need to understand complex business problems, articulate them into data-driven analysis which can be summarized and reported back to senior level decision makers. You bring an inquisitive mind and leadership qualities that will seek opportunities for continuous improvement either through data acquisition recommendations, data quality assessments or self-service reporting. With a detail-oriented approach, you will be putting the right data in the right hands to enable the company to make actionable decisions.
- Acting as a subject matter expert with a thorough understanding of the data and its creation.
- Drive value and quality initiatives related to data used in analytics and production.
- Contribute to the team’s data governance practice.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis, visualizations and reporting as requested by other internal departments.
- Provide requirements, practices and job-aids for departments to become self-sufficient for repetitive reporting/analytic needs.
- Develop cross-functional relationships to foster collaboration with teams in Sales, Marketing, and Finance.
- Identify, research and resolve problems to maintain standards of data quality and accuracy
- Maintain data flows through communication and coordination with stakeholders, IT, management and other external data providers.
- Take on a leadership role within Data Insights to drive projects forward.
Education and Experience Required
- Post-secondary education, college diploma or university degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 2 – 3 years of experience working with large data sets either in the industry or academic equivalent.
- Data Science experience is an asset.
- Demonstrable experience with BI Solutions (PowerBI, Cognos, Tableau, etc.).
- SQL Query, statistical analysis software such as SPSS, SAS, R, Python are a big asset.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to identify and define business requirements and business rules
- Experience in business data analytics an asset (i.e. Financial valuations, quality assessments).
- Knowledge of data governance practices and approaches include data policies, data lineage is a strong asset.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Strong industry knowledge is an asset.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CARFAX Canada is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law.
We’re committed to providing accommodations by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website https://www.carfax.ca/careers. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, service and sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX‘s Canadian headquarters in London, Ontario supports Canadian and U.S. markets, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, enabling used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). Find out more at www.carfax.ca and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.