Operations & Accounting Coordinator
Our dynamic team of self-starting, performance-driven digital marketers is growing! We’re looking for an Operations and Accounting Coordinator to bring fresh new ideas and perspective to this role! Are you an office organization enthusiast with a flair for finance looking to further your career and education with constant innovation? Are you comfortable working in a fun, fast-paced (non-traditional) environment? If this sounds like you, let’s chat!
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance & Operations, the Operations and Accounting Coordinator is entrenched in the day-to-day activities at the Arcane offices and is the facilitator of the “Arcane experience”. This role oversees the daily financial functions of the company focussed mainly on payables and receivables of the organization and works closely with the Account Management team to ensure accurate and timely invoicing of accounts and collection. This role also acts as the hub for all things building and employee experience related, acting as the initial contact for guests and the organizational strength of Arcane. This role requires exceptional attention to detail, time management, and continuous communication with internal teams, external vendors, and clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support month-end closing process including performance of account reconciliations and entering recurring journal entries
- Prepare all weekly cash flow reports, incorporating receivables and payables data
- Prepare, review, and distribute client invoices and respond to any initial inquiries
- Identify and follow up on outstanding receivable balances and receive client payments
- Prepare cheques and associated payables reports, as required by agency schedules
- Enter and reconcile all payments including authorized and pre-authorized credit card transactions
- Oversee employee expense reports, verifying accuracy and validity of claims
- Own processes to track purchases against client jobs, as applicable, to ensure recovery of such client costs
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with existing external vendors and establish new relationships with prospective vendors
- Act as a liaison with landlord and external suppliers for all repairs and maintenance
- Coordinate various orders with external vendors including Arcane t-shirts & hoodies, coffee, various office supplies, fruit, etc.
- Act as a point of contact for any building related inquiries for the staff
- Maintain parking pass and key fob data and work with HR during onboarding and offboarding of employees to ensure records are updated and physical passes are tracked
- Monitor and maintain stocking and upkeep of kitchens, coffee bars and coffee machine, ensuring all areas have appropriate supplies.
- Ad hoc data entry related to operations, finance, or HR as applicable
- Coordinate any incoming and outgoing shipments, including Fedex, Helix, Canada Post, etc.
- Oversee the set-up and breakdown of all boardrooms as needed.
Qualifications & Skills
- 1-2 years experience in an accounting or office management capacity considered an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams & comfortable adhering to budgets
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects, executing on tight deadlines
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment or individually
- Consistently looking for ways to improve Arcane, its culture and its processes
- Experience working with payables and receivables considered an asset
In 2011, Arcane started with a vision to shake up the broken advertising and marketing industry. Today, with a team of passionate digital marketers, we are delivering on our mission to change the reality of the marketing ‘spend’ from an expense line item to a predictable revenue generator.
We’ve built our team (located in London, Toronto, and Calgary) with individuals that share a passion for innovation and results. Our passion and dedication has led us to many early successes. Arcane is one of the fastest growing companies in North America:
- 2018 Google Americas Winners, Search Innovation Award
- Branham300 Top 250 list, 2018
- 41st in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 ranking and 196 in Fast 500 in North America (2018)
- #135 in the GROWTH 500: The Complete Ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies (2018)
- 38th in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 ranking and 241 in Fast 500 in North America (2017)
- #41 in the GROWTH 500: The Complete Ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies (2017)
Evolve or perish, there is no other option. Arcane is the original digital-first agency. Our clients sell more.
Arcane welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. We’re committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, persons of any gender identity or expressions, or any sexual orientation, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
Arcane Digital Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and vows to make any necessary disability-related accommodations, upon request, throughout the entirety of the recruitment and selection process. Need support in your application? Just let us know!