Specialist - IT Quality, Audit and Communications
The IT Quality, Audit and Communications role is to oversee all internal IT communications for GDLS-C and contribute to the monthly Landmarks published by the communications department. This individual will be responsible for leading internal IT process and software audits as well as participating in external audits when required. As part of their role they will also help create and maintain the IT departments internal training plans and ensure all IT policies and procedures are updated and maintained. This individual will also be responsible for creating any training aids needed for new IT systems being deployed through GDLS-C IT.
- Deliver IT communications, training & feedback to the business
- Contribute to monthly Landmarks with IT content
- Create & update IT portal content
- Daily / weekly / monthly IT metrics & reporting as required
Enterprise IT Support
- Participate in Operational Enterprise processes (change mgmt. / info security / ops reviews/ etc.)
- Participate in project development, implementation, testing & deployment
- Participate in IT knowledge sharing & communications at the enterprise level
IT Software Auditing
- Support IT Supplier services delivered
- Monitor renewals & schedule review meetings to assess business relevancy
- Meet with Business functional groups to preform Software Audits
- Internal IT Audit Monitoring: Conduct meetings and monitor Internal IT Audits to ensure on schedule
IT Department Support
- Research Software / Tools / Business process
- Involvement in Bid Process where IT solutions are called out
- Facilitate internal IT knowledge sharing
IT Training, Process & Procedures
- Develop IT procedures and training aids
- Process redesign (such as project processes)
- Implement technology and process changes
- Perform gap assessments against policies and regulatory requirements - Direct changes to policies
- Support BIDx as required from the business
- IT CIP review and assessments
- Other duties as assigned within the IT group
- Propose new cost effective solutions to meet current or future IT needs
- Participate in ISO Core Team meetings and audits
- IT Training Coordinator
- Develop departmental training plans
- College diploma or university degree
- 5 to 7 years of experience
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Applications (Oracle/Teamcenter).
- Working knowledge of computer hardware, including desktops, laptops, workstations and an ability to learn new functionality quickly to assess / mitigate impact to business
- Experience in writing desktop policies and procedures
- Experience with project planning, problem identification & resolution, process optimization
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Research new IT functionality related to new contracts and bids, and associated cost of implementation
- Ability to facilitate meetings between technical and business groups
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.