Board of Director
Cognition+ is a team of talented and dedicated people on a mission to deliver transformative digital solutions to insurance companies of all sizes. In addition to a fully customizable Enterprise Insurance Management Platform, Cognition+ offers on-demand support, connectivity, cybersecurity, and development services. Founded in 1993, we have gained a deep understanding of our client’s business needs and challenges and have invested in R&D to build the next-generation of insurance technology solutions.
With a focus on teamwork, commitment, and trust, we know it takes people with diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures to make a company succeed. We believe that having a Board with the best talent will lead to effective governance and leadership for the company.
The Director is one member of a nine-person Board of Directors, elected by the shareholders to represent the interests of the stakeholders of the company. Together as a Board, the Directors govern the organization which includes setting the strategic direction for the company, determining corporate policies, hiring the President and overseeing the management of the company.
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity for your work to make a lasting impact as a member of our Board of Directors then we want to meet YOU!
Why Choose Cognition+
- Opportunity to learn, grow and innovate;
- Friendly and supportive team environment; and,
- Opportunity to provide your input into making this organization successful.
We are looking for an individual who is interested in serving on our Board to provide governance and strategic direction of the organization. The Director has two levels of responsibility – as an individual and as a member of the Board of Directors.
As an individual member of the Board, the Director must be willing to:
- Attend meetings of the Board and assigned Committees;
- Stay informed and contribute to discussion and decisions of the Board;
- Be prepared for each Board and Committee meeting;
- Maintain effective communication with other members of the Board and the President;
- Participate fully in meetings with relevant questions and comments while being open to ideas and respectful of each other;
- Maintain a level of expertise as needed to effectively contribute to the governing capability of the Board;
- Abide by the Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest policies and all By-Laws of the Corporation.
Acting collectively, the Directors must:
- Establish and periodically review the organization's vision, mission and core values;
- Devise strategies and policies that implement the organization's vision, mission, values, goals and objectives;
- Be responsible and accountable for the governance and direction of the organization;
- Plan for the future with strategic planning and succession planning to ensure the continuity of leadership;
- Hire and support the CEO and review their performance;
- Consult with subject matter experts, including Directors, the CEO, other employees, legal and other expert counsel as needed to make informed decisions;
- Advance the organization's public image; and,
- Strengthen its own effectiveness as a Board.
Required Qualifications & Skills
Directors should meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Desire to serve the interests of Cognition+ and its stakeholders;
- Be committed to, and act with, the highest ethical standards;
- Meet the Director qualifications as outlined in the By-Laws of the corporation
- Knowledge of the technology industry;
- Experience with US Growth expansion;
- Knowledge of the insurance industry; and,
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a group - be a team player.
- Able to commit adequate time to attend and prepare for meetings of the Board:
- Monthly (usually 10 per year) meeting in London, Ontario for a three year term;
- Attend Board events such as Board Education Day, Client Day, AGM, Board Strategy Planning session
Interested candidates are encouraged to email your resume to: email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunities
Cognition+ is committed to employment equity and welcomes diversity. We encourage applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Cognition+ provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-432- 8553 ext. 362.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for the next steps in the process.
Apply for This Job