ASICS Running Apps – C/C++ Developer
Kihachiro Onitsuka founded ASICS in 1949 to realize his desire to nurture the youth of Japan through sports and contribute to the development of society. Our founding philosophy, “Anima Sana In Corpore Sano (A Sound Mind in a Sound Body)”, represents our wish for people all over the world to live healthful and happy lives in both body and mind.
The ASICS brand is especially well known for its connection to running and for producing extremely high-quality running shoes. To strengthen our commitment to runners, we are expanding our investment in running-related digital services, i.e. running event technology (Race Roster™), AI run-coaching apps (the ASICS Runkeeper™ app), and other exciting platforms that will help us better serve the running industry. Combined, these projects and products makeup ASICS Running Apps.
Our mission?in the past, today, and into the future?is to contribute to a healthful and sustainable society and to bring joy to the people of the world through sports. Sports are an important element in living longer healthy lives, in feeling more fulfilled, and in crossing national and cultural boundaries to bring the world together. If you are looking to join a fun and innovative company focused on the booming digital health and fitness industry, this is the place for you!
As a C/C++ Developer you’ll be helping the Race Roster platform continue to build out the results and timing side of our platform. You’ll be joining the most collaborative team you’ve ever experienced, which will hopefully lead you to the best work of your life.
Developers at Race Roster are customer-focused, creative and constantly trying new things. You’ll work in the entire production environment.
This role will work on the Race Roster product.
- Working with our team to build out our scoring and results platforms
- Maintaining existing codebase
- Continued work on open APIs and partner integrations
- Contributing to the overall success of our timers
Education & Experience
- 1+ years of application development experience working in C/C++ including pointers and memory management.
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms like objects, structs and linked list traversal
- Strong ability to read legacy code, documentation, and solve problems independently
- Understanding of relational databases (SQLite) and web technologies (JSON, APIs, REST, etc..)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and independently on assigned tasks
- Ability to write consistent, clean, concise, well documented, and reusable code
- Version control using git
- Effective completion of assigned tasks
- Efficient use of time and resources
- Continuously learning and improving in your role
- Quality of work performed
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees at all levels of the organization
The successful candidate for this role will become an employee of Race Roster North America Corporation (RRNA), a subsidiary of ASICS Corporation – a Japanese multinational corporation. Race Roster was founded in London, Ontario in 2011.
Depends on experience and performance level
Personable, Integrity, Expertise, Trustworthy
Send all cover letters and resume’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tell us why you want to work at Race Roster and describe an awesome project or team you’ve worked on in the past. Include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject of the email. Please give us a link to your LinkedIn or any other portfolio website.
Race Roster is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, sex, place of origin, ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, creed, record of offences, genetics, disability, age, marital status, family status, veteran status, or fitness level.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.