Specialist, IT Project Coordinator
About the Organization
A career with General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada (GDLS-C) offers plenty of excitement, innovation, and challenge. With lots of global collaboration within the Land Systems family, we are a world-class defence industry leader with expertise in the design and manufacture of light and medium armoured vehicles. In addition to winning Canadian Defence reviews award in 2016 for best Canadian defence company, GDLS-C offers a team-based, collaborative culture, with a passion for innovation and a great focus on development and growth for employees. General Dynamics is recognized as #13 in Forbes top 300 Canadian employers. Our Total Rewards team aims to focus on defining GDLS-C’s strategy to attract motivate, retain and engage employees.
At General Dynamics Land Systems we put our Customers at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to protect and enable the people who serve, drives us to develop products and systems that give them a clear advantage for mission success. We are looking for passionate individuals to help us deliver innovative, unique solutions to our Customers.
About the Opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity in our IT department for a highly organized project coordinator with a drive for excellence to join our London team!
- Develop and facilitate project schedules to ensure project completes as planned
- Develop and facilitate project budgets to ensure project completes within expected budget
- Track and manage risks, issues, actions and decisions related to assigned projects
- Develop and report out on project status reports
- Manage assigned project resources, including vendors, to ensure completion of assigned tasks
- Escalate issues to supervisor on a timely basis to ensure timely resolution
- Ensure project follows PMO policies and procedures
- Manage multiple projects at one time
- Keep project stakeholders informed of project status
- University degree or college diploma
- Minimum 3 - 5 years’ experience managing IT related projects
- PMP certification strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of information technology including hardware, software and applications
- Strong understanding of the Systems Development Lifecycle
- Basic understanding of Agile and Waterfall development methodologies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Project
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Strong organizational, documentation and planning skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong budgeting and financial tracking skills
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.