About this role:
Are you looking for an Engineering where you can design prototypes and test power electronics? This position will give you test power electronics for ultraviolet light sources in support of Engineering and Product Development initiatives for water and wastewater treatment equipment!
Electronics Hardware Engineer
At Trojan Technologies, we have a collaborative environment and develop and maintain technologies for products. These products treat water and wastewater for over one billion people globally.
- Analyze, select and apply conversion topologies and control circuits for Power circuit design
- Design and specify magnetic devices
- Prototype and test power electronic assemblies
- Design and develop products according to safety agency and EMC requirements
- Assist with mechanical packaging and design for electronic assemblies
- Support thermal design, analysis and testing
- Conduct predicted and proven reliability analysis and studies
- Build and maintain documentation including schematic, bills of materials, drawings and technical reports
- Support full development cycle from concept through volume manufacturing
- Perform troubleshooting of electronic assemblies, providing input to failure analysis
- Assist with design, construction and deployment of test fixtures
- Use programming tools to program and debug micro-controller devices
- Use design and product failure mode effects analysis tools
- Perform electronic device stress analysis and measurement
- Work collaboratively on design for fabrication and design for assembly
- Apply systematic problem-solving processes to tackle complex problems
Why you want this job:
- You can help customers in ensuring water quality for people around the world!
- You get to be a part of Danaher Corporation, rated 162 on the Fortune 500 list
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision
- As part of Danaher, you can grow your career across four high-impact industries, six continents and more than 20 global operating companies
Are you qualified?
- BS Electrical Engineering / MS Electrical Engineering or equivalent education + experience
- Experience (1+ years) in electronics component-level design, this may be post education, as an intern or as a hobbyist
- Understanding of switching power conversion topologies and control methods
- Familiar with selection and application of magnetic devices
- Knowledge of design for safety and EMC requirements
- Experienced in PC based CAD: schematic capture and printed circuit board design
- Knowledge in testing of power electronics
- Experience with application of micro-controllers
- Experienced in prototyping and testing of electronic board assemblies.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.