Organizational Change Management & Adoption Lead
We are looking for an Sr Organizational Change Management (OCM) Specialist within the Operational Strategy & Enablement team.
Technology, automation, and process optimization redefine the way we work and deliver to meet business needs and elevate the customer experience. You’ll be part of an organization that is embracing modern technology, innovation and agile ways of working.
Reporting to the AVP, Operational Strategy & Enablement, the successful candidate will help create change management, end user adoption and scale strategies and plans to meet organizational objectives by increasing employee and external end user adoption of new solutions and changes driven by initiatives that transform end user experience, business processes, systems and technology, job roles, and organization structures. The OCM Specialist will work to drive faster adoption and scale of changes, increase end user enablement and proficiency, and drive higher utilization and sustainment of changes that impact the organization.
If you have experience with leading and supporting people through change and you thrive in a complex and fast-paced work environment we are interested in meeting with you.
What you will do
- Act as a change leader and advocate for change management, end user adoption, methodologies, and practice across the organization, including influencing senior leadership
- Conducts change impact assessments and leads the development of strategies, plans and materials on projects and programs
- Works with Business Leaders, Project Leaders, Learning and Development, Human Resources, and Communications areas, and others as necessary, in the development and implementation of successful Adoption Change Management (ACM) strategies and plans
- Leads the development and implementation of ACM methodology, strategies and plans to support large to medium scale infrastructure project
- Lead, coach/mentor and train other change management specialists, and program / project team members on ACM practices
- Lead the development and enhancement of ACM practices and tools, training curriculum, templates and other materials to support leaders and employees in a consistent and structured approach to managing organizational and people changes driven by new technology adoption
- Facilitates the development and use of performance metrics to define, measure and report on the progress and success of change and impacts to people on projects
- Lead and facilitate workshops, working sessions and meetings focused on the change impacts and benefit realization
- Provide education, training and mentoring as needed
What you will bring
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process; experience with Prosci ADKAR Model or similar change model
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, operations, methodologies, and tools
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal; excellent active listening skills. Ability to facilitate discussions among the team and clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships and collaborate with others to facilitate movement toward a common vision or goal
- Flexibility and adaptability; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Demonstrated ability for critical thinking, and strategic alignment to forward-looking goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and identify root cause.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Considered a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Demonstrated ability to acquire and develop an acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts preferred
- Proficiency with Windows-based computer applications (i.e. MS Office applications)
- Minimum 7 years related experience and involvement in major change projects
- Experience working in an OCM role on a multi-year business process change project
- Completion of post-secondary education, with a major in Business, Organizational Behavior Human Resources, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Change Management Professional Certification/Designation or equivalent ACM training and experience
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto, London, Winnipeg.
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today!
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Canada Life serves?the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.?
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee?has the opportunity to?reach their potential.?
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Canada Life policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canada Life?would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.