Full Stack Java Developer (Intermediate to Senior Level)
Reporting to the Development Manager, you will be a proactive enthusiastic team member with a primary responsibility of developing solutions and enhancing usability, design and functionality of the programs and websites by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java-based components and interfaces.
You will engage in a full stack development process which involves: coding, testing, debugging, and thorough use of your analytical skill set and range of experience to produce reliable, inter-connected, and feature-rich functionality. Also, as part of this team, you will work closely with colleagues to facilitate the implementation and maintenance of business and software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released WinAir applications.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Hands-on development of applications in support of the user experience surrounding our WinAir web products;
- Create well-designed and reusable code with strong problem-solving skills while following established corporate standards and requirements documentation;
- Perform code review and provide constructive feedback;
- Review requirements documentation and provide feedback;
- Identify and help facilitate the resolution of design issues;
- Continuous learning & development;
- Provide technical mentoring and leadership to more junior resources;
- Propose appropriate and creative solutions to problems discovered during development; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum of College Diploma in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent job experience)
- 5+ years of commercial experience in web application development and/or software development
- Experience managing object-oriented programming/modular programming
- Experience with Java 8/11 frameworks as well as JSP, JSTL, Tomcat (webserver), Ajax, GWT (Google Web Toolkit), CSS, Vue.js/React/Angular, Struts 2, Hibernate, XML, JDBC, MS SQL Server, Jasper, and iReport
- Experience and understanding of user experience issues, Internet design principles, and accessibility issues and standards
- Experience working in and problem solving in SQL and SQL Server Management Studio
- Experience with partial to full remote operation in the tech field is a great asset.
- Experience with Selenium is a nice to have.
Please send your resume and a detailed cover letter explaining your experience, knowledge, and ability towards this career path, and why we need to speak with you, to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you require any accommodation at any point in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Why Work For Us?
We offer competitive compensation and benefits based on experience and a proven track record of success, relative to the deliverables of the role.
We are proud to offer a flexible work schedule maximizing good work-life balance, and Happy Summer Fridays during the summer so that everyone gets to enjoy the sunshine a little more. There are different social committee events and quarterly Town Hall meetings to foster teamwork and a strong, long-lasting work relationship.
Do you want to hear more about what we can offer? Why not check out our website and see what is available? We are hiring for different roles and would love to hear from qualified individuals like yourself!