Director of Product
You Want to Work Here!
Are you looking to work for one of the fastest growing technology companies in the automotive industry? Are you located in Canada and looking for a remote position? Are you looking to work for a company that values their employees by providing a fantastic and flexible company culture? If you are looking for a challenge and an opportunity to grow with an amazing team of people, Mobials wants to hear from you!
About the Role
The Director, Product role is focused on developing and executing the product vision and overall strategy. You will be responsible for establishing a holistic view of the user experience, ensuring it is consistent and effective across the product suite. You must define a sound product vision and strategy that aligns with feasibility, viability, desirability and ethics. You will recruit Product talent to ensure optimal resources and manage a highly productive team of Product Managers, Designers and Researchers. You will also oversee the execution of deliverables against the product roadmap. You have an entrepreneurial mindset, a customer-first mentality and a drive to achieve results time and time again. You take pride in your ability to solve problems efficiently and seek out opportunities to meet and exceed the needs of your target market. You are an experienced Product Leader who influences stakeholders and always finds a way to deliver under pressure. This is a director-level position reporting to the VP, Product & Technology.
- Define the product vision and inspire all departments to move as a unified group in a strategic product direction.
- Coach, mentor, and work with Product Managers to translate the product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes, define release schedules, and build out the platform and product roadmaps.
- Work closely with Development to execute on the product roadmap and ensure optimal resources (budget, people, technologies, etc.)
- Review the work of Product Managers, Product Designers and Product teams to identify and efficiently resolve conflicts.
- Develop the skill sets of the Product team through regular feedback, 1:1 meetings, periodic performance evaluations and monitoring of professional development activities.
- Recruit and develop new product talent.
- Work closely with all departments to execute the go-to-market strategy for the product.
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop collateral, messaging and other product related content to attract and retain customers.
- Provide a continuous flux of product information to Sales and Customer Success to strengthen their customer relationship building efforts and enable business opportunities.
- Conduct continuous research and development to validate our suite of products against the company’s strategic direction, product vision and defined requirements.
- Present product-related updates to employees, senior leaders, and other stakeholders in company-wide meetings or strategic discussions.
- Research and identify potential partners or complementary product solutions that could benefit our customers.
- Define department KPIs and monitor relevant key metrics, including revenue and user adoption.
- Utilize data and customer feedback to develop our product suite.
- Perform market analyses to identify opportunities for existing and new product offerings.
- Promote a strong product culture, deep collaboration between teams and departments and understand the importance of continuous discovery, rapid testing and learning.
- 7+ years of Product Management experience.
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in a relevant technical field.
- Proven track record of hiring and managing excellent product talent (i.e., Product Managers, Product Designers, UI/UX researchers).
- Experience managing all aspects of a successful product through its lifecycle.
- Strong background in product design and user experience (UX).
- Proven ability to formulate, communicate and execute a product vision and strategy and effectively communicate recommendations to Senior Leadership.
- Expert in product planning, customer discovery, product discovery and product delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to get work done and products into the hands of customers.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strategic problem solver and data-driven decision maker.
- Experience conducting market research, market analysis and customer interviews to comprehensively understand market needs and how to develop best-in-class solutions for customers.
- Proven ability to inspire and motivate the Product team to perform as a cohesive unit.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, strong aptitude for business strategy, results-oriented and customer-first focus.
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience in modern Agile and Lean product management methodologies with a focus on delivering products and determining the right products and services to develop.
- Knowledge and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies is a plus.
Who We are Looking For
- You are not scared to ask questions, rather, you are always wanting to learn.
- Curious learners = creativity = innovation = positive change.
- Great attention to detail.
- You like to work with a team.
- You are not scared to offer your opinion. We value diversity of thought.
- You take great pride in yourself and your work … you are a fan of you!
Life at Mobials Inc (You WANT to read this part!)
- A remote first work environment.
- Hotel desking is available in the head office location in London, ON.
- Education & personal development - we expect everyone to be learning and growing and we will support you, including financial support.
- Work life balance - Mobials allows flex-time scheduling and has competitive vacation benefits. We understand that life happens!
- Benefits - there is a company-wide, company paid flex plan health and dental program.
- DPSP - We help invest in you and your future.
- Social committee - we organize virtual socials regularly and occasional in person events
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required under the Mobials AODA Employment Standard policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require an accommodation please contact the Director of Human Resources.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in strictest confidence.