Are you passionate about designing scalable, high-performance, flexible software platforms? If yes, then you could be our new Software Architect! This is a fantastic opportunity for a growth and architecture enthusiast to excel and grow their career.
CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, own or sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX‘s Canadian headquarters supports North American product development, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, CARFAX products enable used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of IHS Markit, (NYSE: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions. Find out more at www.carfax.ca and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.
At CARFAX Canada, you’re not just another employee. You’re a critical contributor to the big picture and rely on data when making important decisions. You have a future mindset and are motivated to grow with us. You have a thirst for learning new things and building your skillset. You dream big and chart your own career path. You don’t settle for what’s quick and easy because you value quality. You know that the best teams are built on trust, so you use your voice to collaborate and create real change. You believe in taking the time to celebrate wins and have fun. You know leading a balanced lifestyle in a supportive work environment is important. You’re not just another employee. You are a CARFAX Canadian!
Reporting to the Director, Systems and Architecture, this position provides architectural and thought leadership at the enterprise level. You will be responsible for the understanding of the business problem at hand and working with various domain experts to accommodate a cohesive technical solution. Your extensive collaboration skills will bridge the intersecting interests of the Product and Business development teams, together with the architecture disciplines of Cloud, Data, Software, and Security. The successful candidate will own the organizational solution portfolio and ensure that the Software Development Life Cycle remains healthy and well-documented throughout all phases of its progression. You will be the technical SME for all engineering projects and initiatives that need to be delivered, cross-functionally.
- Responsible for ensuring CARFAX Canada’s Enterprise Architecture is scalable, including the right technology stack (e.g. platform, languages, libraries, frameworks, etc.)
- Review and evaluate current Application Development practices, develop and integrate new architectural practices to be an integral part of the SDLC
- Provide architectural blueprints, standards, designs, and reviews
- Act as a high-level decision maker for technical direction and standards
- Cultivate key architecture principles such as decoupling, microservices, building blocks and reuse
- Ensure that each solution is thorough, conduct impact analysis, and discover and leverage opportunities for reuse
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Identify and take ownership of technical project risks and issues, as well as propose mitigation strategies and resolution of issues
- Recognize potential reuse of components by observing and understanding the broader system environment
- Actively consult on the implementation of the solution, explaining the rationale behind choices and making amendments to the solution when justified
- Conceptualizing and experimenting with alternative architectural approaches
- Perform high-level code reviews from an architecture, performance, and security standpoint
- University degree in engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years expertise designing technology solutions that optimize and advance business function
- Background in Enterprise architecture using TOGAF framework is ideal.
- In-depth experience in application/software architecture domain is very highly recommended
- Strong leadership skills are required to infuse and align the cross-function teams with a common vision and to motivate them support the proposed solution
- Exceptional skills in spoken, written, and graphical communications
- Proficient experience with agile application development on Azure Cloud or any public cloud
- Knowledge of a broad base of programming languages including C, C++ and derivatives
- Extensive experience in Microservice architecture, serverless and DevOps principles and methodologies
- Strong familiarity with a broad base of Information Technology, including network, server, database, high availability, disaster recovery, LINUX, Infrastructure as a Service, virtualization, Infrastructure as a code and containerization technologies
- Integration platforms and platform as a service
- Knowledge of Performance, CI, CD, automated testing, and quality methodologies
- Familiarity with Confluence, JIRA, and git
- Design documentation systems such as UML
CARFAX Canada is headquartered in London, Ontario. We’re proud to offer competitive pay, benefits and bonuses, RRSP matching, maternity leave top-up, health and wellness initiatives and social events. We’re committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or selection processes, please advise in your cover letter.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website. https://www.carfax.ca/about-carfax/work-at-carfax. Applications will be accepted until February 18, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.