ABOUT CANADA LIFE’S DIGITAL HUB
Great-West Life, London Life, and Canada Life have come together as the new Canada Life. We’re on a journey of transformation that is changing the way we work and how we help our customers. In our Digital Hub, we’re designing, coding and delivering new products for millions of Canadians. We’re changing the way a trusted institution operates by bringing human-centered design, agile and modern web development practices to life. When you join the Digital Hub, you join a diverse and talented team of creatives and technologists, all working together to improve the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians.
Do you have a passion for rapid delivery of value-driven solutions to complex business problems? Are you a problem-solver and great communicator? Are you excited about leveraging your experience as a software developer and extending your technical skillset to work with innovative new tools on different platforms? If you answered a wholehearted yes to all these questions, we want to talk to you.
As a Software Developer on our Digital team, you will play a key role in delivering engaging digital products, web sites and mobile
applications quickly and with minimal customizations for a configured solution that meets the needs of our customers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Working predominantly in Agile scrum teams, build out business processes using native V’locity technology and the toolkit of the Force.com platform
- Work with web services and navigating JSON structured data
- Expect 80/20 configuration over development for retrieving, messaging and presenting data to the front end. Note: most coding will take place within Salesforce Lightning Web Components.
- Involved in all phases of the project lifecycle - from low-level design and development through to deployment and post-production support
- Challenge ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
- Help and mentor other members of the team
WHO YOU ARE
- 3+ years experience working on deployment teams, ideally using Agile development techniques
- One of the following:
- Experience with V’locity Digital Interaction Platform and core V’locity tools (Cards, OmniScripts, Integration Procedures, DataRaptors) << OR >>
- Understanding of APIs and how to use them in practice
- Experience with the Salesforce framework, Salesforce Admin and Lightning Web Components is a definite asset
- Adept at picking up new skills and technologies and excited to constantly learn
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Our Story ?
Canada Life is a leading insurance, wealth management and benefits provider focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 170 years, individuals, families and business owners across Canada have trusted us to provide sound guidance and deliver on the promises we’ve made.
As of January 1, 2020, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life became one company – Canada Life, and today, we proudly serve more than 13 million customer relationships from coast to coast to coast.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Canada Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness in our head office facilities. ?If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations. ?
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted
Apply for this job online