ZTR Control Systems is looking for a talented Embedded Developerto join our innovative Product Engineering team. The Product Engineering team defines, designs, and develops embedded telematics products for the Industrial IoT market.
Why Work at ZTR?
The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the way people interact with technology and our products enable wireless connectivity to all types of industrial, construction, rental, and oil & gas equipment globally. We have established our Industrial IoT platform and hardware over the past decade and are now using the latest wave of technology advancements to continue to evolve. This is a great chance to participate in building a modern IoT system in a unique and growing industry. The Industrial IoT market is projected to reach $151B by 2020 (Forbes).
ZTR fosters a workplace where ideas and innovation are welcomed. We provide a dynamic, professional atmosphere where employees can truly excel! In addition to competitive salaries and an extensive benefit package, ZTR offers a friendly, open work environment where your opinions are valued. We also provide many opportunities to get to know your co-workers through social events, charity fundraising, company parties and more!
We have been honoured with a Canada's Best Managed designation for four consecutive years! This program recognizes companies in Canada with revenues over $10 million, demonstrating strategy, capability and commitment to achieve sustainable growth.
- Designing and developing embedded firmware, drivers, and applications using C/C++ on Windows and Linux platforms
- Implementing industry defined standards and protocols such as J1939, Modbus, Bluetooth, TCP/IP, and UDP
- Collaborating with other engineering teams, project managers, and support teams to deliver full end-to-end solutions
- Debugging and testing new products and features
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or a related field.
- 4+ years of programming experience with a focus on C/C++
- Experience with serial communications (SPI, I2C, RS232, RS485), wired & wireless technologies (TCP/IP, UDP, Bluetooth, Ethernet, USB), networking (HSPA, CDMA, LTE)
- Understanding of common embedded development practices (memory and power optimizations)
- Experience with the software development lifecycle, in addition to common Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of common C++ libraries such as STL and Boost
- Strong understanding of common debugging, testing and automation methodologies for unit testing and product validation
- Experience with Linux Operating Systems would be preferred
- Excellent technical writing, communication and documentation skills
- Exceptionally self-motivated, directed and detail-oriented
ZTR Control Systems provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Candidates requiring accommodations during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.