ASICS Running Apps – Product Manager
Kihachiro Onitsuka founded ASICS in 1949 to realize his desire to nurture the youth of Japan through sports and contribute to the development of society. Our founding philosophy, “Anima Sana In Corpore Sano (A Sound Mind in a Sound Body)”, represents our wish for people all over the world to live healthful and happy lives in both body and mind.
The ASICS brand is especially well known for its connection to running and for producing extremely high-quality running shoes. To strengthen our commitment to runners, we are expanding our investment in running-related digital services, i.e. running event technology (Race Roster™), AI run-coaching apps (the ASICS Runkeeper™ app), and other exciting platforms that will help us better serve the running industry. Combined, these projects and products makeup ASICS Running Apps.
Our mission?in the past, today, and into the future?is to contribute to a healthful and sustainable society and to bring joy to the people of the world through sports. Sports are an important element in living longer healthy lives, in feeling more fulfilled, and in crossing national and cultural boundaries to bring the world together. If you are looking to join a fun and innovative company focused on the booming digital health and fitness industry, this is the place for you!
As a Product Manager you will be responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the full product lifecycle. You will be relied upon to work closely with engineering, sales, leadership and customer success to ensure that the product supports the company’s overall strategy, the needs of our clients and their users. Day to day, you will work to gather and prioritize requirements, define scope and manage timelines of each project. This position requires flexibility as we respond to new business and customer requirements, while being able to quickly adapt to new strategies and priorities as they evolve.
This position is open to internal and external candidates.
This role will work with the Race Roster products.
- Collect, outline and prioritize requirements of projects in a clear format for Developers, Quality Assurance (QA) Specialists, and Designers. This includes building out user stories and QA test cases.
- Review the project in both the design and development phases to highlight potential user friction, gaps from customer needs and the communicated requirements
- Manage timelines and contribute to the smooth rollout of releases
- Assist with quality assurance testing of developed solutions to ensure requirements have been met
- Assist with market research via customers, employee interviews/feedback and competitor analysis
- Communicate large changes and releases to the Customer Success team members
- Collaborate with the Marketing team on new and upcoming feature releases
- Help to create and present the Race Roster development roadmap
- Meaningfully participate in diversity and inclusion initiatives across the ASICS Running Apps teams
Education & Experience
- 3+ years experience in a Product Management role with technical products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to design a strong user experience (user research, testing, prototyping)
Bonus Education & Experience
- Effective completion of assigned tasks
- Efficient use of time and resources
- Continuously learning and improving in your role
- Quality of work performed
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees at all levels of the organization
The successful candidate for this role will become an employee of Race Roster North America Corporation (RRNA), a subsidiary of ASICS Corporation – a Japanese multinational corporation. Race Roster was founded in London, Ontario in 2011.
Personable, Integrity, Expertise, Trustworthy
Send all cover letters and resume’s to email@example.com
Tell us why you want to work at Race Roster and describe an awesome project or team you’ve worked on in the past. Include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject of the email. Please give us a link to your LinkedIn or any other portfolio website.
Race Roster welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Race Roster is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, sex, place of origin, ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, creed, record of offences, genetics, disability, age, marital status, family status, veteran status, or fitness level.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.