Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application. Candidates must have one of the following to be eligible for consideration – Canadian Citizenship, valid Permanent Resident status, valid Protected Person status or a valid open Work Permit.
Big Blue Bubble is seeking a skilled, motivated, and talented problem solver with a passion for video games, combined with the technical programming skills and math skills to create them. If you enjoy being involved in creating world class video games, have experience using game software tools, and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, please get in touch with us to talk about the position of Game Programmer.
In this position, these are the things you will be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing game features and related systems.
- Maintaining and extending the existing code base.
- Creating tools and processes to facilitate development.
- Assisting in code review and design meetings.
- Providing input into the creative and design process by participating in meetings with Producers, Programmers, Artists, and our Quality Services team.
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of software programming experience, in the video game industry.
- Strong knowledge of C++, C# or Java.
- Excellent problem-solving and math skills.
- Experience with graphics, animation, networking and other game programming domains.
- Experience with Unity, databases, mobile app development, and source control systems.
- Solid knowledge of software design concepts, such as object-oriented programming, common design patterns, and game development lifecycles.
- Solid knowledge of software engineering practices, such as unit testing and agile development models.
You also have the following attributes:
- A clear communicator.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a team.
- Enthusiastic about gaming culture.
We know the above list is a lot. You don’t have to fill every single point. We each bring our own respective strengths to the table. Let us know which of the above is you and get in touch with us now to explore the opportunity further!
Big Blue Bubble is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender, Indigenous, BIPOC, d/Deaf and disabled applicants. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments – if you require accommodations at any point in the application or recruitment process please submit them in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.