Experienced PLC Programmer
About the Role
BOS Innovations Inc. has immediate openings for experienced PLC Programmers to join us at our brand-new headquarters. Located in Innovation Park in London, Ontario, our 75,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility is ready to welcome you to our team.
With experience in machine integration and building robotic cells from scratch for the automotive industry, we’re also looking for candidates with experience being a technical lead on projects and aspirations to grow their leadership skills with us. The ideal candidate will be an expert at Rockwell/AB PLCs/HMIs and can interface with Fanuc robots. Experience with Toyopuc, Beckhoff TwinCAT 3, and Kollmorgen would be considered an asset.
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: $80,000 - $95,000 base salary. OT paid out after 40 hours at 1.5 hourly rate
Design and implement logical, organized PLC and HMI programs to produce efficient, fully functional automation system control that meets specifications within the timeline and budget provided.
As a PLC Programmer at BOS, you will:
- Create functional PLC and HMI Programs offline using mechanical and controls design and information.
- Develop and implement the communication and IO interfacing between devices and systems
- Install offline program into the machine and troubleshoot IO, communications, machine function (with machine build team) errors and faults that occur within the program
- Develop a safety PLC program in accordance with CSA Standards for the automated system and complete testing with system engineer guidance to ensure proper function
- Increased understanding of communication between machinery and functionality of custom equipment by gathering and reviewing documentation of devices
- Identify inefficiencies within the process along with entire machine build and systems team and make adjustments for improvement
- Work with customers, project managers, designers, millwrights, and electricians to solve problems in order to provide customers with a complete functional system
- Commission the equipment at the customer location by testing the interfacing between equipment, setting up communications between devices, performing I/O checks and completing unit tests
- Mentor programmers of varying experience in automation integration
- Develop, program and test single or multi-axis automated motion systems that are reliable and safe enough for industrial environments
- Integration & troubleshooting of controls & devices for automated motion systems
- Completing documentation of motion system performance and capabilities
- Develop G-code in a simplified form that allows the end user to make basic modifications to the paths, if touch-ups are needed to the part
Education & Experience
- Degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering and/or sufficient industry experience and training
- Minimum 5 years PLC experience in automation/custom machine build field
- Preference given to those familiar with Magna standards and expectations
- Computer Expertise: Windows10, Microsoft Office, PLC Programming software, HMI Programming software
- Knowledge of custom machine building and processes including vision, laser, assembly, welding, etc.
- Ability to work openly in a team environment and communicate ideas and problems clearly to projects team
- Strong ability to work with Allen Bradley Studio 5000 software and Factory Talk View HMI development. (Additional controller platforms will be considered an advantage)
- Understanding of Ontario Electrical Code and Electrical Circuits
- Knowledge of pneumatics and pneumatic circuit function
- Familiarity with how the different systems interface to the PLC
- Familiarity with common industrial networking protocols.
- Knowledge of CSA Safety Standards
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal communication skills and able to participate in high-level machine operation discussions
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Effective research and Information gathering
- Ability to work openly in a team environment and communicate ideas and problems clearly to the projects team
- Creativity and decision making
- Troubleshooting and communicating clearly and concisely
- Ability to meet deadlines and execute multiple project tasks.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. BOS welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About BOS Innovations
BOS Innovations executes industrial automation solutions with excellence that solve manufacturers’ challenges with advanced technology for the future. For 25 years, we have collaborated with North American manufacturers to develop innovative, profit-driven solutions for automotive, resource extraction, energy, and general industries.
Learn more about careers at BOS on our website or our YouTube channel.
Benefits Of Working At BOS
- Mentorship and Leadership Programs
- Flexible Work Hours
- Telecommuting Opportunities
- Health Benefits Program (multiple extended health care plans to choose from)
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Profit Sharing
- RRSP Employee/Employer Matching Program
- Subsidized Lunch Program
- Staff appreciation lunches & Socials
- Bi-annual company events
- Career planning & goal setting
- Employee recognition program
- Performance appraisal program
- BOS Promotional Clothing
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Supported Volunteer Program
- Commitment to maximum 60hr/week when needed on projects
- Commitment to travel duration maximum 3 consecutive weeks (including weekends)
- Onsite gym and locker rooms with showers
- Ping pong table in Cafeteria for lunches and breaks