About the job
For over 50 years, Armo-Tool has been a family owned and operated business. Now in our third generation, we have earned a reputation built on providing complete “one-stop” precision tooling solutions, from the design stage to the beginning of production. Our over 50-year history of building long-term relationships with manufacturing companies throughout North America is based on a focus on service and repeatable quality.
While our industry does rely on continuous investment in precision machinery and design systems, our success depends on the unique skills, knowledge, and hard work of our employees. Their importance in achieving our mission is reflected in every aspect of our operation.
We are currently looking for a team-oriented full-time Automation Designer to join our team.
The Automation Designer requires sound comprehensive knowledge of design and drafting techniques, engineering drawing, CAD/graphics, and reading of drawings. They are responsible for developing concepts, completing designs, structures, and plant arrangements while working both independently and as part of a team.
The responsibilities for the Automation Designer will include:
- Using specialized software, create models and drawings of products (Key Creator, SolidWorks, UG).
- Research new materials and methods of development.
- Collect, read, interpret, and use related reference documents and drawings prepared by other disciplines, vendors, or outside sources.
- Ensure compliance with approved design standards to provide quality design, safety, constructability, reliable operation, construction economy, and operating convenience.
- Review and check calculations, design models, drawings, and design documents for quality, accuracy, neatness, functionality, and satisfactory completion.
- Assist others with assembling bid, approval, and construction issue drawing packages (quoting).
- Organize and maintain existing engineering records.
- Perform physical testing on engineering prototypes,
Education, Skills and Job Requirements:
- 2+ years experience in automation design.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or relevant technical degree.
- Experience in working with multiple discipline projects.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Applications.
- Knowledge of metal fabrication processes preferred.
- Understanding of current cutting tool technology.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively plan, schedule, coordinate, and problem solve.
- Knowledge of 2D/3D CAD in mechanical design.
- Availability to work weekends and travel for extended lengths of time.
- Availability to work days, afternoons, weekends, and overtime as required.
Armo-Tool has a very competitive compensation package and other perks including:
- Flex time.
- Education and training support.
- Annual tooling, safety shoe, and prescription safety glasses allowance.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D benefits.
- Registered pension plan.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Armo Tool Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Upon individual request, Armo Tool will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment and selection process.