PSD is a full-service firm offering research, consulting services and software to the North American public sector market. Our client base includes hundreds of small, mid-sized, and large municipalities from across North America, provincial/state and federal government agencies, and private sector entities. We are an industry leader that specializes in enterprise asset management and financial budgeting for municipalities. Over our years of experience, we have developed cutting-edge software solutions for our client’s asset management and financial budgeting needs, leaving behind mature and manageable programs making positive impacts in local communities.
As we continue to grow our team, we are seeking a full-time Systems Architect to join the IT team at our head office in London, ON. The Systems Architect is a leadership role that partners with others to form a leadership team to design solutions and support delivery.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Design and implement short and long-term strategic goals for managing and maintaining systems and software.
- Owns the architectural decisions for the team and leads technical vision and direction for the solution.
- Defines and develops execution of the long-term vision (i.e. the target architecture) of the environment.
- Keeps abreast of latest technological and industry trends to recommend technical solutions to support architectural vision.
- Analyze the current information technology environment to identify critical deficiencies and recommend improvements.
- Design architecture principles to guide technology decisions for the enterprise.
- Analysis of business requirements, design and development of web applications that are integrated with other modules.
- Define and lead the implementation of an enterprise-wide technology architecture based on business requirements and information technology strategies.
- Working in an Agile project delivery environment to develop and modify technology systems, addressing functional, performance, security, quality, operational and monitoring needs.
- Support delivery teams in the elaboration of solution architectures in confirmation with Enterprise Architecture.
- Guide and Mentor other software developers to take product ideas from concept to release.
- Managing data integrity and quality assurance actives to ensure application stability.
- Managing project team to implement features and resolve software defects to meet schedule commitments with high-level of quality.
- Performs technical analysis, design and software development using appropriate technologies to support department and company objectives.
- Document all architecture design and analysis work.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- University or College degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related degree/diploma.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Senior Developer role
- Proven experience developing strategic system architecture plans.
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture frameworks and various architecture modeling techniques.
- Expertise in the design and deployment of Web solutions, handling of legacy systems, Business Intelligence and related technologies.
- Experience building and scaling user-focused web applications.
- Experience in design and development of scalable and secured web services that integrate with other technologies.
- A solid commitment to quality software development.
- Experience with source code repositories such as Git.
- Experience in a senior role supervising others is an asset.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment a must.
- Goal oriented individual with a proven ability to drive strong business results and provide guidance to their team with personal development growth that aligns with employee career advancement.
- Strong organizational strengths with the ability to emphasize priorities and goal setting, analyze gaps, assess priorities and carry out responsibilities in an independent manner.
- Professional self-starter with a commitment to constantly upgrade skills through continuous learning.
- Deadline driven individual with strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, creative, and able to collaborate with team members with professionalism and tact.
All resumes will be reviewed for experience working with key technologies. Only those who qualify will be contacted for an initial screening interview. We strive to provide a quick recruitment process, but to find the right candidate for the job the process may take up to a month to complete. We will let the candidates know if we will not be moving them to the next step in the process.
If you are invited to a screening interview you will discuss your experience with one of our HR team members. This interview is an opportunity to get to know a little more about the company, the type of work we do and impact we have.
Candidates invited to an in-person interview will meet with our Chief Technology Officer, a member of the HR team, and the team lead. This will allow the candidate to get to know the team as well as learn more about our processes, culture and growth opportunities we have at PSD.
Why work with us?
Employee personal and career growth is important to us and we will encourage you to pursue the things you care about. We have a mentoring program that matches you with a senior developer for your first three months to ensure you get fully acquainted with our tech. We also encourage continuous learning through a Training & Development program allowing our developers to fully explore their interests and contribute to different product development teams at PSD.
- Employee Perks
- Competitive Salaries
- Full Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance Program
- Company Matched RRSP Contributions
- Flex Hours & Paid Time off
- Social and Charity events and initiatives
- Ergonomic Workstation
London Ontario is centrally located within just 2 hours of Toronto, ON, Detroit, Michigan and Buffalo, New York. London hosts local and international food and music festivals with a vibrant downtown core and plenty of green space to enjoy the outdoors.
PSD is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.