Software Development Supervisor
ZTR’s Industrial IoT Division is looking for a talented individual with strong leadership skills to join our growing organization. Our web and mobile development teams build and maintain key end user applications that are part of our Internet of Things platform.
As a Software Development Supervisor, you are responsible for leading the Web and Mobile application development teams. Each of these teams have a Team Lead and a mix of junior/intermediate/senior developers who will report to you. Your role is to organize and inspire the team to effectively deliver high quality solutions while creating a positive and collaborative environment.
Who We Are:
The Internet of Things is connecting the world and ZTR Control Systems is leading the way in the industrial space. ZTR provides end-to-end IoT solutions (hardware and software) using modern technologies.
By joining our team, you will be contributing to the expansion and innovation of our Telematics Network. Our IoT division is laser focused on collaborating with our customers worldwide to solve complex challenges in the construction and railway space.
ZTR has been honoured with a Canada's Best Managed designation for four consecutive years! The program recognizes companies in Canada with revenues over $10 million, demonstrating strategy, capability and commitment to achieve sustainable growth.
We offer a friendly, open working environment. We provide many opportunities to get to know your co-workers through social events, charity fundraising, company parties and more.
- Organize the team within the delivery cycle, including making resourcing decisions (working with the Team Lead), assigning work, planning testing and deployment activities
- Balance organizational priorities and act as an escalation point for development issues
- Ensure development is according to team standards (design, code, documentation, quality) and processes (planning, estimating, tracking, delivery)
- Drive team member growth through mentoring, peer reviews, and training
- Work with other ESD leaders (managers, supervisors, architects, etc.) to ensure successful execution of cross-functional projects
- Motivate the team to work as a cohesive unit and to strive for excellence
- Work with non-development staff (BA, PM, etc.) to help ensure successful delivery
- Work with the commercial team and clients to support sales activities as needed
- Track and report on team activities
- Manage individual and team performance through continuous feedback and formal performance evaluations
- Recruit new staff and evolve the team, aligning growth goals with organizational strategy
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years working experience as a developer on web and mobile applications
- 5+ years in a technical leadership role with direct reports for some of that time
- RESTful APIs for proprietary and industry standard protocols
- Ability to follow design patterns, adhere to development standards
- Can provide coaching, mentoring and cross training to other developers
- Ability to communicate effectively with software developers, IT professionals and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work in a team environment, coordinating efforts towards a common goal
ZTR Control Systems provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Candidates requiring accommodations during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.