Manager, Data & Analytics
Our data aspiration is to unlock the power of connected data to deliver continuous value for our customers, our partners, and our company with trust and integrity. The position is central to our ability to do so. The Intake and Operations Manager is responsible for managing data intake, planning, and the end to end data pipeline, with change management acting as a key area of focus to drive cultural change.
This position is a 12-month assignment.
Data Leadership (Planning & Execution)
- Establish the plan and execute on core data workstreams to deliver value / manage risk
- Liaison with technology leads to centrally report progress on technology maturity
- Implement and lead regular initiative status reporting reviews for data council and owners
- Collaborate with the team, vendor, and other project managers to manage cross-team dependencies and risks (tight collaboration with engineering, governance and tech leads)
- Raises visibility of decisions, issues, risks, and strategic milestones
- Manage and report on the overlap data pipeline, capacity, and backlog
- Lead the data and analtycis community of practice
- Lead the development and refresh of the annual roadmap and planning cycle
- Manage finances and work with governance to ensure audit and compliance
Data Intake & Change Support (End to End pipeline)
- Provide delivery oversight and overall accountability for the full data lifecycle
- Actively work with IT and Business Management (Director and up) on evaluation of incoming project demand to establish timing and funding to initiate new opportunities
- Measure and report on key performance indicators
- Measure and report on data pipeline items, including speed at which each advance
- Lead the data citizenship change campaign across Canada
- Advocate for data protection and data innovation
Qualifications and Competencies:
- 5+ years in a leadership position (Financial industry an asset)
- Experience leading data projects (cataloging and metadata as asset)
- Experience developing and implementing data processes
- Experience managing high volumes of work, portfolio level visibility
- Change management certified
- Ability to learn quickly. Good business knowledge and a desire to learn is critical to success
- Excellent problem-analysis and problem-solving skills
- Confidence interacting and presenting to senior executives and leaders across the company
- Strong creative thinking skills to determine unique ways to deliver value (growth mindset)
- Proven interpersonal / teamwork skills on high performing teams
- Proven ability to learn and handle multiple priorities in a challenging work environment
- Excellent organization, presentation and customer service skills
- Awareness of emerging technology trends, willingness to try new things, and appetite for continuous learning
Canada Life is a leading insurance, wealth management and benefits provider focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 170 years, individuals, families and business owners across Canada have trusted us to provide sound guidance and deliver on the promises we’ve made.
As of January 1, 2020, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life became one company – Canada Life, and today, we proudly serve more than 13 million customer relationships from coast to coast to coast.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Canada Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness in our head office facilities. ?If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted
Apply for this job online