Are you a motivated self-starter with a knack for numbers and financial reporting? Do you have a keen attention to detail and work well in a team-based environment? We’re looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team. If this sounds like your dream job – we want you!
Every day, Canadians rely on our insights to make one of the biggest decisions of their lives. As the country’s #1 provider of automotive history and valuation insights, we’re always innovating to make buying and selling used vehicles easier for all Canadians.
At CARFAX Canada, you’re not just another employee. You’re a critical contributor to the big picture and rely on data when making important decisions. You have a future mindset and are motivated to grow with us. You have a thirst for learning new things and building your skillset. You dream big and chart your own career path. You don’t settle for what’s quick and easy because you value quality. You know that the best teams are built on trust, so you use your voice to collaborate and create real change. You believe in taking the time to celebrate wins and have fun. You know leading a balanced lifestyle in a supportive work environment is important. You’re not just another employee. You are a CARFAX Canadian!
Reporting to our Director of Finance and Accounting, CARFAX Canada is excited to announce the position of Senior Accountant.
This role is inherently cross-functional—the successful candidate will be an extremely organized, detail-oriented and communicative person that ensures the smooth operation of CARFAX Canada’s monthly accounting processes.
The successful candidate will be responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare and maintain accurate records and books, create accurate and timely financial reports and manage the general accounting for the business as a whole. In addition to responsibilities for the recording and maintenance of the business accounting records, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for financial analysis on monthly/quarterly results, ad hoc projects ranging from small analysis-based savings recommendations up to assisting with implementing new company wide processes/systems, and the calculation of variable compensation for both the sales team and CARFAX Canada employee base as a whole.
This is a full-time position based in CARFAX Canada’s London, Ontario head office.
- Responsible for monthly working papers and month-end close, including:
- Preparing month-end journal entries
- Accounting for accruals
- Revenue recognition
- Fixed and intangible asset tracking and depreciation
- Reconciling of general ledger and sub-ledger accounts in addition to variance analysis when requested
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Independently lead and complete ad hoc projects/analysis as requested from various internal stakeholders
- Update operating plan with monthly results and prepare internal financial statements and other financial reports
- Provide support in areas of payables and receivables
- Maintain and calculate employee information including bonus and commission entitlement and provide calculations to payroll for payment
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and forecasts in conjunction with the Director of Finance and Accounting and internal stakeholders of the operating departments
- Provide support and interact with various departments and levels across the organization
Education, skill and experience required:
- University degree or college diploma in Business Administration/Accounting or equivalent
- Working towards the completion of CPA designation would be an asset
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and practices
- Full cycle accounting experience
- Experience with analysis, metrics & reporting is preferred
- 5-7 years relevant progressive accounting experience through working in a finance department of a company
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and flexible to shifting priorities
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (advanced formulas, pivot tables, etc.) required
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft BI Tool – PowerPivot/BI an asset
CARFAX Canada is headquartered in London, Ontario. We’re proud to offer competitive pay, benefits and bonuses, RRSP matching, maternity leave top-up, health and wellness initiatives and social events. We’re committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or selection processes, please advise in your cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until July 31, 2020.
Not exactly the position you were looking for, but still want to join our awesome team? Visit our careers page to learn more about us and to see our other job openings!