Northern delivers Omni-Channel Commerce Solutions, designed and developed with the latest open source technology. We specialize in building Magento eCommerce implementations and full service eCommerce marketing solutions. Our goal is to help businesses reap the benefits of web-based technologies to decrease costs and maximize their bottom line.
Our employees are challenged to uphold the highest standards and together we strive to exceed all expectations. We are currently seeking a Finance Manager who will complement our passion for advertising, technology and performance-based results.
What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for a Controller who is excited to be part of a passionate and growing team! Reporting to the Director of Finance, this role will be responsible for the administration and organization of the following areas: accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, deferred revenue, cash receipts, expense reimbursement, bank account and credit card reconciliation, timely collection of receivables, preparation of financial statements, etc. Our ideal candidate has 3 - 5 years’ experience in financial operations.
If you have a passion for financial management and are looking to take the next step in your career with a dynamic company, we encourage you to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the financial management of multiple entities including oversight of monthly financial statements, financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting, internal control, and process compliance
- Assist production teams with monthly project budget tracking and other required client reporting
- Prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for accuracy and provide reasoning for variances to budget
- Preparation of consolidated financial statements
- Assist with developing annual operating budgets
- Provide senior leadership with financial reporting and ad hoc financial analysis as needed
- Identify and communicate areas of concern and suggested process improvements (e.g., client profitability, utilization, over/under service, missing time, revenue risk and staffing plans)
- Apply analysis and judgment to solve complex problems
Knowledge, Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Finance or Accounting
- 3 – 5 years of related experience
- Advanced knowledge of financial systems (Quickbooks Online or similar) with strong Excel skills
- CPA or working towards designation is considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience with interpreting and applying CRA guidelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to follow through on multiple projects and manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated financial analysis skills with a strong business acumen
- Experience in an agency setting is considered an asset
At Northern we recognize that experience comes in many different forms. If your experience is similar to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We know that the best problem-solving and creative thinkers are those with thought diversity; that’s why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team.
In exchange for your talent and expertise, Northern is committed to providing competitive compensation, health benefits, flexible work schedules, delicious meals, company retreats, opportunities for growth and professional development, and a fun, supportive environment that will allow you to be your best!
Equity and Diversity
Northern invites applications from all qualified individuals. Northern is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations please let us know when you apply.
Apply To Position